Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not when I ordered. Taxes were not calculated until there is an MVPA document generated, Order agreement has no taxes on it. You always pay taxes where it's ordered.

Order agreement:
View attachment 872457

MVPA (generated when you have a VIN and delivery is scheduled) is when taxes are calculated. I took delivery at the Lynnwood, WA SC.
View attachment 872458
Yeah strange mine was included in the full amount. Most likely because I partially financed it. Managed to call someone today.

VIN was reassigned and so was the service advisor. They told me they would transfer me to the person organizing the delivery after 40 minutes and then promptly hung up the phone.

Tigard was my original pickup location but they said they can still apply the Vancouver Washington sales tax essentially.

Attachments

• F23A4B34-4FFD-4DEF-82BF-B3A426BBFD59.jpeg
    F23A4B34-4FFD-4DEF-82BF-B3A426BBFD59.jpeg
    288.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Informative
Reactions: Corndart
Spoke to another advisor who told me the previous advisor made a mistake and canceled my delivery and the car vin assigned to me.

Then spoke to the delivery location who told me the advisors are based out of Idaho and are lying with the delivery notifications and informed not to fill out any automated delivery date notifications because they won’t be filled and they have no obligation to notify me about it.

Apparently the only way to know a real car is being shipped to you is to call the delivery organizers directly and to schedule a date through them.

Spoke to another advisor who told me the previous advisor made a mistake and canceled my delivery and the car vin assigned to me.

Then spoke to the delivery location who told me the advisors are based out of Idaho and are lying with the delivery notifications and informed not to fill out any automated delivery date notifications because they won’t be filled and they have no obligation to notify me about it.

Apparently the only way to know a real car is being shipped to you is to call the delivery organizers directly and to schedule a date through them.
Hmm that seems completely wrong, what a terrible delivery experience...

If you don't get mud flaps I would ask for some. You can get some after market too but the stock ones are decent.
I had to go with Abstract Ocean but probably more options (easy install). I'm on a gravel driveway, but come winter with sand down at times on the roads I wouldn't not do it. I also went with front half 3M PPF and did it myself. Facia is a pain to do but XPEL would be less stretching if you DIY.
Hood - easy
Headlights - easy
Fenders - easy
Facia - set aside like 3hrs.
Rockers - easy
But I did this before winter when things were warmer and easier to do unless you have a heated garage. I also did an Adams Ceramic Coat on the car after. I've taken rock shots on I-5 and so far mainly just some windshield chips not full on bullseyes or anything. Fixed with a $12 window repair kit and a UV light. And so far the rockers are fine from rock damage. I would imagine this would be worse for me if I had Extreme Contacts or some other winter tire swap with meaty tread.

And I just had a family member out who has a huge Dodge RAM. He spent $2500 on partial PPF and $2500 on a ceramic coat.

Last edited:
Reactions: UoMDeacon
Cool, thanks for chiming in! Seems like the Seattle location isn't providing the mud flaps or PPF. I've actually set up a post delivery issues service appointment and I requested both of those. Will see how it goes on the 16th.
Hey @UoMDeacon, I wanted to ask you how your appointment went. I have mine scheduled for 11/26 at Bellevue SC.
A few days ago I also noticed our MY did not come with the rear license plate bracket... I noticed it after seeing other brand new MYs driving around and those having the bracket, so, at the very least I want to have that corrected, and probably HomeLink module installed, but I am wondering if you were able to get your mud flaps and PPF installed.

1668651043590.png

Hey @UoMDeacon, I wanted to ask you how your appointment went. I have mine scheduled for 11/26 at Bellevue SC.
A few days ago I also noticed our MY did not come with the rear license plate bracket... I noticed it after seeing other brand new MYs driving around and those having the bracket, so, at the very least I want to have that corrected, and probably HomeLink module installed, but I am wondering if you were able to get your mud flaps and PPF installed.

View attachment 875376
Appointment went pretty well. I dropped off the car and they gave offered me a Model 3 loaner or $100 in Uber credits. I took the Model 3, but it turns out they finished working on it roughly 3hrs later so I drove back and picked it up same day. This was the Seattle service center.

Here are the things I went in for and the results:
- No mud flaps or PPF: Service Advisor (SA) initially said that I would have to buy those if I wanted to install them, but I pushed back saying I know that the Seattle service center had previously been delivering cars with it already installed. He said something about he didn't think they did it for free anymore, but then did some tapping on his keyboard and said that they would install it and waive the costs. I was a bit disappointed they pushed back on installing it in the first place, but happy they did it in the end. Just want to note that he was super friendly during this exchange.
- Steering wheel not on center when car is driving straight: Full alignment done. Seems good now.
- Rear hatch not evenly aligned between left/right at top near strut attachment: Reviewed and his advice was any fix would likely cause gaps in other areas, I agreed and we left it alone.
- Rear seat auto fold not working: Determined they needed to replace the entire rear seat apparently...which they have on order now. Heading back on Dec 2nd to get that replaced.

PS: I looked at my car, and it came with a rear license plate bracket.

We picked up our MYP from Lynnwood 11/05 and had our service appointment today too. Had a totally different experience. They didn’t bother to communicate that their glass guy wasn’t going to be in today. An hour of driving for nothing and they rescheduled in another 2 weeks. Asked for a loaner when first arrived before they rescheduled and they said if it’s under a day they don’t give loaners or offer Uber credits. They don’t value customers time and it was a huge inconvenience.

Appointment went pretty well. I dropped off the car and they gave offered me a Model 3 loaner or $100 in Uber credits. I took the Model 3, but it turns out they finished working on it roughly 3hrs later so I drove back and picked it up same day. This was the Seattle service center.

- No mud flaps or PPF: Service Advisor (SA) initially said that I would have to buy those if I wanted to install them, but I pushed back saying I know that the Seattle service center had previously been delivering cars with it already installed. He said something about he didn't think they did it for free anymore, but then did some tapping on his keyboard and said that they would install it and waive the costs. I was a bit disappointed they pushed back on installing it in the first place, but happy they did it in the end. Just want to note that he was super friendly during this exchange.
- Steering wheel not on center when car is driving straight: Full alignment done. Seems good now.
- Rear hatch not evenly aligned between left/right at top near strut attachment: Reviewed and his advice was any fix would likely cause gaps in other areas, I agreed and we left it alone.
- Rear seat auto fold not working: Determined they needed to replace the entire rear seat apparently...which they have on order now. Heading back on Dec 2nd to get that replaced.

Thanks for sharing your experience, I'm hopeful they'll give me a similar treatment. I'll share later how it goes.

I wanted to follow-up again since I received an update from the Service department via the Tesla App this morning. I got an estimate I was asked to approve for things to move forward. The estimate includes all items I wanted them to address:
  • PAINT PROTECTION FILM, REAR, MY(1618248-00-B)
  • BOM MODULE, MY, 1.00 MUD FLAP PACKAGE(1634443-00-A)
  • Bracket - License Plate - Rear (Retrofit)
And the best thing is the estimate lists all items as either "Rectification" or "Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty", and so it totals $0.00.
They also sent me a message to let me know I can use "Touchless/Quick Drop" option the day of the appointment.
So far, a pretty good experience.

Reactions: UoMDeacon
Ordered March 25

MSM, Black, 5 Seat, 19 inch
Basic Autopilot

Placed hold on order back in October cause of EV Tax Credit. December 21st released hold after receiving text of $7500 off car price.

Current DD - Dec 2022 (Yep in 2023…)
Original DD - Jan/Apr 2023

When I released the hold back in Dec the DD was TBD after a few days later changed to Dec 2022 and still holds true today. Strangely the App does not show Dec 2022 at all while the order page on the website does. Called CS every single day since the 21st. Was told very close to receiving a VIN but didn’t believe an ounce of their lies. Now being told to watch inventory for fastest possible delivery but of course we don’t have anything at all and if something were to even pop up, it’s gone within 2-5 minutes.

On Dec 27 in fact was even informed I had a car assigned to my account and it would be updated to reflect the VIN but after a phone call in about an hour later rep apologized for miscommunication. Fooled into believing I had a VIN and missed out on the $7500 discount and 10k Supercharging miles. Happy times.

Ordered March 25

MSM, Black, 5 Seat, 19 inch
Basic Autopilot

Placed hold on order back in October cause of EV Tax Credit. December 21st released hold after receiving text of $7500 off car price.

Current DD - Dec 2022 (Yep in 2023…)
Original DD - Jan/Apr 2023

When I released the hold back in Dec the DD was TBD after a few days later changed to Dec 2022 and still holds true today. Strangely the App does not show Dec 2022 at all while the order page on the website does. Called CS every single day since the 21st. Was told very close to receiving a VIN but didn’t believe an ounce of their lies. Now being told to watch inventory for fastest possible delivery but of course we don’t have anything at all and if something were to even pop up, it’s gone within 2-5 minutes.

On Dec 27 in fact was even informed I had a car assigned to my account and it would be updated to reflect the VIN but after a phone call in about an hour later rep apologized for miscommunication. Fooled into believing I had a VIN and missed out on the $7500 discount and 10k Supercharging miles. Happy times.
Yeah that was more for existing inventory vehicles. You were supposed to find a car and have them reserve it under your original RN. I saw a few in Seattle area and even Portland. Sounds like your order was still for a new build.

Yeah that was more for existing inventory vehicles. You were supposed to find a car and have them reserve it under your original RN. I saw a few in Seattle area and even Portland. Sounds like your order was still for a new build.
Yep completely understood that, though of course once that $7500 was announced all inventory in the area was snapped up in an instant. With hold times on the phone even if I found one in inventory and gave a call to CS to reserve it, the moment I got connected with an advisor it’s already gone.

Guess it was Mission impossible at that time. Whether it’s new build or inventory at this point it doesn’t matter just want that VIN. Or at the very least some sort of more updated EDD lol. It’s still at Dec 2022 cmon now.