Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked mine up today in Renton. It was jam packed with new cars (and I saw another trailer heading north on I5). Everything looked perfect to me. No problems at all.

I did get the 1000 miles of supercharging but I had to ask for it. They needed to enter in my reservation number to make it work.

Now my kids are sitting in it watching Netflix

Well I'm envious. I can't wait. Sounds like they're rolling em out at a furious pace. Hope its any day now. Congrats!

Yesterday was finally clear enough to take some photos. We've driven a bunch since Thursday, and every time I look at the car I can't but help think "this car is great!".

We've only noticed a few cosmetic issues since taking delivery and we have a mobile service appt where some will be addressed and I'm guessing we'll go over the remaining ones with the tech.

All told, here's things we've recorded:
  • 2 spots of paper/something sticking out of interior trim near roof
  • exterior trim near a rear wheel being really out of whack
  • sticky bits leftover on exterior black window trim
  • small hole/tear on steering wheel leather
  • scratch on rear view mirror
  • tears/holes/marks on the dash
The last one took us forever to notice as it is normally covered up by the door! I've attached a picture of this one incase others want to look for similar marks when taking delivery.

Attachments

• PXL_20200926_195913398.jpg
    PXL_20200926_195913398.jpg
    785.9 KB · Views: 69
  • PXL_20200926_195922120.jpg
    PXL_20200926_195922120.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 57
  • PXL_20200926_195931760.jpg
    PXL_20200926_195931760.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 47
  • PXL_20200926_195949417.jpg
    PXL_20200926_195949417.jpg
    742.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20200926_102833~2.jpg
    IMG_20200926_102833~2.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Helpful
Reactions: OMGPanelGaps
Yesterday was finally clear enough to take some photos. We've driven a bunch since Thursday, and every time I look at the car I can't but help think "this car is great!".

We've only noticed a few cosmetic issues since taking delivery and we have a mobile service appt where some will be addressed and I'm guessing we'll go over the remaining ones with the tech.

All told, here's things we've recorded:
  • 2 spots of paper/something sticking out of interior trim near roof
  • exterior trim near a rear wheel being really out of whack
  • sticky bits leftover on exterior black window trim
  • small hole/tear on steering wheel leather
  • scratch on rear view mirror
  • tears/holes/marks on the dash
The last one took us forever to notice as it is normally covered up by the door! I've attached a picture of this one incase others want to look for similar marks when taking delivery.
Thanks! I ordered 9/9, still waiting on vin. Did the front license plate holder come with the car or did you add it?

Thanks! I ordered 9/9, still waiting on vin. Did the front license plate holder come with the car or did you add it?

It comes with the car. We had the service center put it on during delivery. It is held in with adhesive tape though, so if you're wanting to take it off for pictures at a later date, either don't put it on until you're ready or buy an after market one that is not so permanent.

I ordered mine on 9/9 too. I reached out to my SA via email last week and he replied with my VIN, which showed up on my account the same day. Also told me that my car was still in production but expected for delivery before the end of the month. Just a couple more days left so I'm planning to call him today for an update.

We got ours. There are some minor issues/issues that will need to be resolved with firmware.
1. windshield was scratched in a few places (I assume they will replace it in next week's service appointment)
2. front passenger door is ~3/16" inset from the rear passenger door. I bet they will say this is within spec.
3. rear driver side door is hard to close.
4. small paint nub on trunk. I bet the fix would be worse than the problem.
5. portable charger won't charge. It works with our home charger. I have heard this is an issue with firmware so I am waiting for an update.

• Informative
Reactions: OMGPanelGaps
Hi all,
New member here. I placed my order last Thursday and this morning I got a text message saying my Y will be delivered this Wed (9/30). This is what I was trying to avoid (getting a car rushed out the door to make quarterly numbers).
I had replied to the Tesla guy telling him I am not ready for another 3 weeks.
Anyone in the same situation?
Thanks,
-Dan

We got ours. There are some minor issues/issues that will need to be resolved with firmware.
1. windshield was scratched in a few places (I assume they will replace it in next week's service appointment)
2. front passenger door is ~3/16" inset from the rear passenger door. I bet they will say this is within spec.
3. rear driver side door is hard to close.
4. small paint nub on trunk. I bet the fix would be worse than the problem.
5. portable charger won't charge. It works with our home charger. I have heard this is an issue with firmware so I am waiting for an update.
Could you please share your manufacturing date?

Hi all,
New member here. I placed my order last Thursday and this morning I got a text message saying my Y will be delivered this Wed (9/30). This is what I was trying to avoid (getting a car rushed out the door to make quarterly numbers).
I had replied to the Tesla guy telling him I am not ready for another 3 weeks.
Anyone in the same situation?
Thanks,
-Dan

Just contact your SA and have them put a hold on your account until you actually want your car. This is my second Tesla order and both times I have ordered well before the end of the quarter and still ended up in the end rush.

Pickup today at 4pm in Lynnwood. It’s gonna be difficult to focus on work today. Harder yet because, barring any issues, she gets dropped off for a full stealth wrap and tint tomorrow morning.

Where are you getting it wrapped at? I’ve been thinking about it but would love some recommendations for places in the area. I’m in Spokane but willing to drive anywhere in the state if the place is good!

Have you ever looked into WrapJax in Tacoma? They have good feedback and do a lot of commercial wraps. I'm thinking about having a different car wrapped (not my MY). And what kind of a wrap are you looking at?

There is actually a WrapJax not too far from my home here in woodenville/bothell, I am sure they do great work. I am going with Midnight because I have always been happy with their work. They have done 8 cars for me as well as many of my friends and I have never had a complaint.

I am getting an XPEL stealth wrap. Was really tempted to do a color wrap but to have it look good (inside of doors and everything) its very expensive and does not last as long as I would like. XPEL has a 10 year warranty and I am not as concerned with the inside of the doors showing through when I get in and out.

As long as you are not getting a super discount wrap and are going to well known and well-reviewed shop, I don't think you will have any issues.

Reactions: swanlakemy