Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is actually a WrapJax not too far from my home here in woodenville/bothell, I am sure they do great work. I am going with Midnight because I have always been happy with their work. They have done 8 cars for me as well as many of my friends and I have never had a complaint.

I am getting an XPEL stealth wrap. Was really tempted to do a color wrap but to have it look good (inside of doors and everything) its very expensive and does not last as long as I would like. XPEL has a 10 year warranty and I am not as concerned with the inside of the doors showing through when I get in and out.

As long as you are not getting a super discount wrap and are going to well known and well-reviewed shop, I don't think you will have any issues.

How much is the Stealth wrap? I’ve always been quote $6k to $7k for it... I can’t imagine vinyl is more expensive!

There is actually a WrapJax not too far from my home here in woodenville/bothell, I am sure they do great work. I am going with Midnight because I have always been happy with their work. They have done 8 cars for me as well as many of my friends and I have never had a complaint.

I am getting an XPEL stealth wrap. Was really tempted to do a color wrap but to have it look good (inside of doors and everything) its very expensive and does not last as long as I would like. XPEL has a 10 year warranty and I am not as concerned with the inside of the doors showing through when I get in and out.

As long as you are not getting a super discount wrap and are going to well known and well-reviewed shop, I don't think you will have any issues.

I'm also looking into getting a XPEL stealth wrap. Thanks for the recommendation! I will definitely look into them. I get my car tomorrow and depending on how mismatched the white bumper is will make my wrapping decision more clear.. haha

I ordered mine on 9/9 too. I reached out to my SA via email last week and he replied with my VIN, which showed up on my account the same day. Also told me that my car was still in production but expected for delivery before the end of the month. Just a couple more days left so I'm planning to call him today for an update.
Hope so, let me know what you find. I emailed mine this weekend and he said no updates on VIN yet. I hope I'm included in the end of quarter sales b/c I really wanted it by early to mid October. After Oct 9 I had some issues with order placement with their system not letting me choose remote delivery so maybe the order didn't go through perfectly for a couple of days after.

It comes with the car. We had the service center put it on during delivery. It is held in with adhesive tape though, so if you're wanting to take it off for pictures at a later date, either don't put it on until you're ready or buy an after market one that is not so permanent.
Thanks! I have remote delivery so will have to ask my SA what they do for those. This is in addition to the license plate on the back, right? I just moved to WA but it seems like the rule is both front and back license plates so having both upfront would be good.

Hope so, let me know what you find. I emailed mine this weekend and he said no updates on VIN yet. I hope I'm included in the end of quarter sales b/c I really wanted it by early to mid October. After Oct 9 I had some issues with order placement with their system not letting me choose remote delivery so maybe the order didn't go through perfectly for a couple of days after.

So still no word on delivery. Sounds like the car might still be in production, and then it takes a few days for it to get prepped for delivery. I'm no longer hopeful for a Sept delivery. The bummer there is that I will probably miss out on EAP.

Picked up today at 4.

Lynnwood was SO MUCH better than Bellevue. A+ on that front. I was 30 minutes early but it was all ready.

The issues: drivers door a little wonky, fixed on site. Rear drivers door trim (the black part along the window) bows out a bit, see pic. Already documented and will be fixed in two weeks.

The panels, glass, interior: all great. The car was not detailed to my level of quality, but neither was my BMW when I picked it up.

Tomorrow morning is drop off for full XPEL Stealth wrap and tint. Hopefully I get it back by Friday for my birthday weekend.

Pics:
imgur.com

Picked up today at 4.

Lynnwood was SO MUCH better than Bellevue. A+ on that front. I was 30 minutes early but it was all ready.

The issues: drivers door a little wonky, fixed on site. Rear drivers door trim (the black part along the window) bows out a bit, see pic. Already documented and will be fixed in two weeks.

The panels, glass, interior: all great. The car was not detailed to my level of quality, but neither was my BMW when I picked it up.

Tomorrow morning is drop off for full XPEL Stealth wrap and tint. Hopefully I get it back by Friday for my birthday weekend.

Pics:
imgur.com

happy birthday! Did you get white? How was the color matching?

Picked up today at 4.

Pics:
imgur.com
It’s gorgeous!!!

Thanks! I have remote delivery so will have to ask my SA what they do for those. This is in addition to the license plate on the back, right? I just moved to WA but it seems like the rule is both front and back license plates so having both upfront would be good.

Correct, WA requires both front and back. They should include the front mount somewhere in the car (frunk, under trunk, trunk, etc.). Maybe the SA will have time to get service to put it on before they drive it to you. Worst case, you make a service appointment to get it done if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself. As for the back mount, that should be installed standard, without having to ask. Good luck!

Any July orders still waiting? I ordered the last week of July with a promise of 2-4 weeks, then once that passed "just another week or 2 at the most" for a couple weeks, then "end of the month I swear". Still no VIN, always hard to get a hold of someone. Have reached out to them but I'm sure they're busy delivering to everyone else.

Blue LR, 19" wheels, no tow

Any July orders still waiting? I ordered the last week of July with a promise of 2-4 weeks, then once that passed "just another week or 2 at the most" for a couple weeks, then "end of the month I swear". Still no VIN, always hard to get a hold of someone. Have reached out to them but I'm sure they're busy delivering to everyone else.

Blues seem to be some of the last to be delivered and they’re just starting to show up in mass the last couple days.

You’ve completed your profile, right? Financing info, driver license, insurance, etc?

How much is the Stealth wrap? I’ve always been quote $6k to $7k for it... I can’t imagine vinyl is more expensive!

Not going to say exactly because I am getting a deal due to how many cars I have had done. It is cheaper than a vinyl wrap mainly because I am just going the outside (no door sills or jams). Normally with vinyl wraps you need to do the jams and everything else it looks bizarre when you open the door. XPEL is just a clear/matte coat of the actual color so the inside of the doors are less offensive. You should be able to get a good XPEL wrap for around $5k+tax, and keep in mind XPEL has a 10 year warranty.

Reactions: swanlakemy

Bummer! Hope yours turns up soon! The purchasing process isn’t great, is it.

Ok! Picked up my MYP today!
First off the paint looks amazing. I see zero mismatch on anything. The bumper matched. It looks great! The interior is perfect. I can’t find a single thing wrong. No crazy panel gaps. Everything is pretty even around the car.
There are only 3 minor things that I already made an appointment for and go in Monday.
1. My charger door is stuck out just a tad to much. So they will make it more flush.
2. Passenger headlight is a tiny bit farther down. I’m being super picky on this and it’s also an easy fix to just slightly adjust the light.
3. Passenger door is a little hard to shut. Needs some adjustments.
And that’s it. I was so worried about the paint so when I only found a few minor issues I was so relieved.
Car drives like a dream. And if your driving from Seattle to the Spokane area be aware that the supercharger in Moses Lake is down!! I’ll post pics of the car after I wash the bugs off :)

Ok! Picked up my MYP today!
First off the paint looks amazing. I see zero mismatch on anything. The bumper matched. It looks great! The interior is perfect. I can’t find a single thing wrong. No crazy panel gaps. Everything is pretty even around the car.
There are only 3 minor things that I already made an appointment for and go in Monday.
1. My charger door is stuck out just a tad to much. So they will make it more flush.
2. Passenger headlight is a tiny bit farther down. I’m being super picky on this and it’s also an easy fix to just slightly adjust the light.
3. Passenger door is a little hard to shut. Needs some adjustments.
And that’s it. I was so worried about the paint so when I only found a few minor issues I was so relieved.
Car drives like a dream. And if your driving from Seattle to the Spokane area be aware that the supercharger in Moses Lake is down!! I’ll post pics of the car after I wash the bugs off :)
Jealous! Are you planning to get snow tires for the Spokane winter? I've never driven in snow before so not sure what to expect. Based on the reviews it seems like this car will do great in snow so was just planning to wing it.

Reactions: swanlakemy