Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla site could be more intuitive but it is what it is. Be sure to complete all of the steps listed, and look for updates (documents, VIN, delivery schedules) on the far right side.

Yeah it is a little weird. For example, I have Next Steps/Completed steps on my page. Insurance info still shows up under next steps even though I've uploaded proof of insurance. I'm assuming that the actual thing that I'm waiting on is the contract they say they are working on drafting, but I hope the fact that the insurance being in the "next steps" category isn't holding me up.

It shouldn't be an issue. I didn't have insurance for the car because I didn't have a VIN, so I uploaded proof for another car, just to show my policy and coverage. It was in that state for a week or so before I called about a VIN. Also, they didn't post the contract until after I scheduled the delivery. This is why the process feels so random to me. It's like you're figuring stuff out as you go. For us AR/OCD types, that's a real problem.;)

does anyone have any recommendations for an electrician in the seattle area? my breaker box is on the other side of the garage wall, so should be fairly simple.

what should i expect the cost to be? I am looking to just set up a 240v outlet for now.

does anyone have any recommendations for an electrician in the seattle area? my breaker box is on the other side of the garage wall, so should be fairly simple.

what should i expect the cost to be? I am looking to just set up a 240v outlet for now.
Puget Sound Solar has a ton of experience with EV setups and can help you with the tradeoffs. I’ve done two installs with them and would call them again.

That does seem high. Are they replacing the breaker box as well?

Nope. Added a screenshot of the breakdown from one of the quotes i got.

Am I asking for the wrong thing?

Attachments

• 2F4D7320-B5E3-47B7-8C9B-DA8A002E08FC.jpeg
    2F4D7320-B5E3-47B7-8C9B-DA8A002E08FC.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 79

I'd get a couple more bids. I live in the south sound and had a couple of extra 20 Amp circuits and receptacles installed in my garage, a couple of outdoor receptacles, and a circuit for my hot tub (with separate breaker box) and only paid about $600 for the lot of it. Permit and labor is the bulk of your costs and those look high to me. If you're in the city, that could be part of it, but still.

Reactions: dyau

Seems high to me, I'm a Tesla recommended installer in Kitsap County... They're saying three hours to add a new receptacle in the same stud bay as your panel? You should be asking for a NEMA 14-50R installed at whatever location you choose and for it wired to a 50A breaker in your panel with 6AWG copper wire. Also, per the National Electrical Code it should be GFCI protected (at the breaker) when the outlet is installed in a garage or unfinished space

Reactions: SmokeGlider
Seems high to me, I'm a Tesla recommended installer in Kitsap County... They're saying three hours to add a new receptacle in the same stud bay as your panel? You should be asking for a NEMA 14-50R installed at whatever location you choose and for it wired to a 50A breaker in your panel with 6AWG copper wire. Also, per the National Electrical Code it should be GFCI protected (at the breaker) when the outlet is installed in a garage or unfinished space

Plot twist - Tesla says to not install a GFCI circuit breaker on the Gen 3 Wall Connector-

upload_2021-2-14_12-26-18.png

This made for some fun with my local city inspector...