Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey! Taking home delivery of our LR Y on Thurs (likely from Bellevue). Anything I should think about/look for in particular? Did they insist on inspecting then or mention X day period that you'd have to report back with due bill list of requested fixes? Also, what color did you get?

Have taken delivery of S and 3 in the past, but at delivery centers. This'll be first home delivery.
I figured when purchasing that the most common color would play a big role in facilitating delivery, so with my two choices being the multicoat red and multicoat white, I went with white with black interior.

I don't know what your VIN is, but mine was 1989XX, which is a very new build. Not only that but there were less than 20 miles on the odometer. As mentioned by the delivery rep, the quality of the new builds is excellent, and indeed mine had no defects at all. It was beautiful. I had an extensive checklist, but I wasn't going to keep the rep waiting for me to go down the entire list. What I and my son and wife did was do an overall exterior and interior inspection to ensure no gaps, malalignments, or major paint or interior defects, and that all doors and lids opened and closed properly and the rear seats functioned as advertised. Also, ensure the charging cables and tow hook are present and the glovebox opens. That's all you need to do to accept delivery and only took about 5 minutes. Then sign for acceptance on the rep's cell phone and he boots the car and your Tesla app, and it's now yours. I said thanks to the rep and let him go with the knowledge that I had 24 hours to finish my detailed checklist and report any flaws on the Tesla app. Fortunately, I found none.

Another thing to note with a car this new and with very low miles is that it takes at least 25 miles to calibrate the cameras before autopilot can be used, and I experienced that on my test drive. Surrounding the autosteer icon will be an advancing blue circle to let you know the progress in achieving calibration. Once the circle completes it then goes away and you have autopilot functionality.

While I was learning the display modes an update alert appeared. I elected to schedule the update, which takes 25 minutes, at 2 am, but then I decided to display the owner's manual. I got a bizarre sequence when the manual would not display, the air conditioner fan speed went to max, then the car shut down and rebooted. This repeated every time until I decided to perform the upgrade immediately. After that, I rebooted the car by holding down the two rotating knobs on the steering wheel while pushing the brake pedal and after a couple of minutes, the car came back to life, I could now read the owner's manual, and the bizarre reboot sequence disappeared. I'm not sure this would be intuitive to the average buyer.

• Informative
Reactions: dss33
I ordered 3/25 and still waiting for a VIN. Blue LR 5 seater.

Website gives estimate of June 9-June 29 now.

Supposed to pick up in Renton but don't really understand why they can't do home delivery since I am 8 miles from the Bellevue location.

I have to return my current car for lease return and will be without a car unless Tesla can deliver this week.

Very frustrating experience.
u can email your SA to get delivery location switched. I was slotted for home delivery before, but switched to pickup at Renton.

Got VIN’ed this morning! Delivery not yet schedule though:. does anyone know if payment is needed before scheduling?

I had read somewhere that you could pay by check on delivery day? How do I set that up instead of the ach transfer?
It doesn't give you the personal check option online but there is an option to pay by certified check. If you have good credit and want to pay by personal check, you probably have to coordinate with your Service Adviser, which may slow down your scheduling.

I had an extensive checklist, but I wasn't going to keep the rep waiting for me to go down the entire list.
After waiting as long as I have (which I realize isn’t as long… so far… as others) this ain’t going to be me. Imma go through the entire list and they’ll watch. The more time eaten up by buyers doing their own inspections due to Tesla’s notorious lack of QC, at some point has to hit their bottom line. I’m sorry, but this is truly uncalled for as “standard practice” for a luxury vehicle.

Reactions: Surfit34
If it makes any of you feel better, there’s honestly not a whole lot of VIN activity for early April and beyond on the spreadsheet (assuming it’s updated but we know it won’t be). I’m trying to find anything to justify my non stop thinking about my order and this whole process lol.

I ordered 3/25 and still waiting for a VIN. Blue LR 5 seater.

Website gives estimate of June 9-June 29 now.

Supposed to pick up in Renton but don't really understand why they can't do home delivery since I am 8 miles from the Bellevue location.

I have to return my current car for lease return and will be without a car unless Tesla can deliver this week.

Very frustrating experience.
Call you SA and ask if they have anything in inventory or update. Mine has been helping with this

Does anyone know what the front license plate situation is here? I think we have to have one by WA law. Do they come with the adhesive front bracket already installed?
Since we’re planning on getting PPF I’ve asked a few different SAs and theyve all said that the bracket just comes in the car and that they will install it for you on request, but it doesn’t sound like they make it a point to install it as a part of their delivery checklist.

I still wouldnt trust that, and I would mention it when scheduling delivery to not install it if that’s the outcome you want.

WA law is to have a front plate though, but I’m not sure how often folks get ticketed for it.

Got VIN’ed this morning! Delivery not yet schedule though:. does anyone know if payment is needed before scheduling?

I had read somewhere that you could pay by check on delivery day? How do I set that up instead of the ach transfer?
What is your EDD? If it starts today you can probably just call the SC to schedule the delivery over the phone instead of waiting for the text. That’s what I did.

I figured when purchasing that the most common color would play a big role in facilitating delivery, so with my two choices being the multicoat red and multicoat white, I went with white with black interior.

I don't know what your VIN is, but mine was 1989XX, which is a very new build. Not only that but there were less than 20 miles on the odometer. As mentioned by the delivery rep, the quality of the new builds is excellent, and indeed mine had no defects at all. It was beautiful. I had an extensive checklist, but I wasn't going to keep the rep waiting for me to go down the entire list. What I and my son and wife did was do an overall exterior and interior inspection to ensure no gaps, malalignments, or major paint or interior defects, and that all doors and lids opened and closed properly and the rear seats functioned as advertised. Also, ensure the charging cables and tow hook are present and the glovebox opens. That's all you need to do to accept delivery and only took about 5 minutes. Then sign for acceptance on the rep's cell phone and he boots the car and your Tesla app, and it's now yours. I said thanks to the rep and let him go with the knowledge that I had 24 hours to finish my detailed checklist and report any flaws on the Tesla app. Fortunately, I found none.

Another thing to note with a car this new and with very low miles is that it takes at least 25 miles to calibrate the cameras before autopilot can be used, and I experienced that on my test drive. Surrounding the autosteer icon will be an advancing blue circle to let you know the progress in achieving calibration. Once the circle completes it then goes away and you have autopilot functionality.

While I was learning the display modes an update alert appeared. I elected to schedule the update, which takes 25 minutes, at 2 am, but then I decided to display the owner's manual. I got a bizarre sequence when the manual would not display, the air conditioner fan speed went to max, then the car shut down and rebooted. This repeated every time until I decided to perform the upgrade immediately. After that, I rebooted the car by holding down the two rotating knobs on the steering wheel while pushing the brake pedal and after a couple of minutes, the car came back to life, I could now read the owner's manual, and the bizarre reboot sequence disappeared. I'm not sure this would be intuitive to the average buyer.
That’s incredibly helpful, thank you! Also went for white out and black in. Our VIN’s just a few hundred above yours so it sounds like we got em from the same batch. Super stoked!

Anyone know of an ongoing thread for new autopilot and vision Model Y? Curious if theres a consolidated list of experiences in this forum somewhere.
this one has been the most active and informed i've seen.