Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a service appt in Bellevue scheduled for fix of loose right side of right taillight and missing ppf. Just got a message from them asking for me to "elaborate" on position of ppf. Interesting. Luckily I do have an email from my SA saying that it will come with ppf "around the back wheels".... Did any of you that scheduled to have this put on get this message?

I have a service appt in Bellevue scheduled for fix of loose right side of right taillight and missing ppf. Just got a message from them asking for me to "elaborate" on position of ppf. Interesting. Luckily I do have an email from my SA saying that it will come with ppf "around the back wheels".... Did any of you that scheduled to have this put on get this message?
That sounds weird. This is what I put there: "Missing front mud flaps and rear PPF on delivery." and they approved it right away.

Maybe they thought you meant a full-on-PPF?

Also have you guys experienced any rattling noise when driving thru a road bump?

Reactions: paramer
That sounds weird. This is what I put there: "Missing front mud flaps and rear PPF on delivery." and they approved it right away.

Also have you guys experienced any rattling noise when driving thru a road bump?
Very recently (after 9 months) I have the rattling noise going over a road bump or pavement reflectors. It seems to come from something under the dash board. How long have you had this rattling? I am trying to decide if I need to request a service appointment. Thanks!

The only rattling noises I was hearing were from 1) passenger side seatbelt tapping door, I just moved seat a bit and it stopped. 2) plate holders that were in back were moving a bit due to having too much fun with accelerator. :)

The only rattling noises I was hearing were from 1) passenger side seatbelt tapping door, I just moved seat a bit and it stopped. 2) plate holders that were in back were moving a bit due to having too much fun with accelerator. :)
That's a good point. We removed the plate holders but didn't check for the seat belt lol. I already filed an issue this for since I saw a lot of complaints online and ppl say Tesla could get it fixed in an hour. We will see. :p

Very recently (after 9 months) I have the rattling noise going over a road bump or pavement reflectors. It seems to come from something under the dash board. How long have you had this rattling? I am trying to decide if I need to request a service appointment. Thanks!
We noticed it the first day we took delivery (which is Tuesday). And it sounded like it was from the left front side of the car.

Not sure what you mean? A SC or any qualified tire shop can swap tires for you. Or you could buy a set of Geminis from another and just bolt them on complete.
I see, my situation is a little complex, the tires I bought from a LR owner doesn't have the TPMS, so I bough a set from a Tesla SC, but I need a either tire shop or Tesla SC to help me to hook them on and setup the TMPS for my Gemini winter swaps

I see, my situation is a little complex, the tires I bought from a LR owner doesn't have the TPMS, so I bough a set from a Tesla SC, but I need a either tire shop or Tesla SC to help me to hook them on and setup the TMPS for my Gemini winter swaps
@acat It will only work with Genuine Tesla TPMS sensors - $300 for those. I intentionally set out to buy a gemini set complete (wheel, tires w/<200 miles and TPMS) for $1600

I was inspecting my newly delivered model Y and noticed a clear sticker on the front and on the back bumper. Is this the ppf everyone is talking about? My friend who got his Y back in July got a ppl on the rear passenger door (lower portion) and does not have the clear sticker that I got on the front and back. He thinks these clear stickers are ppf. I have not heard of ppf in front and rear bumper. I did not noticed it when I took delivery as it was raining but noticed it the next day while its parked in my garage. Anyone with the same experience? Thanks

Peaking and saw that you ordered and had delivery via the Bellevue store. Curious, did they at all give you any indications as to whether or not you could pick up at the store itself? I live in Mukilteo, but purchased through the Bellevue store...and my PPF installer is in Kirkland. Not trying to get any rock chips before. lol

Reactions: kjyam99
Peaking and saw that you ordered and had delivery via the Bellevue store. Curious, did they at all give you any indications as to whether or not you could pick up at the store itself? I live in Mukilteo, but purchased through the Bellevue store...and my PPF installer is in Kirkland. Not trying to get any rock chips before. lol
Bellevue is delivery only. Renton offers SC pickup.

Reactions: eksigned
Hey there - I actually ordered online and had home delivery (I live in Bellevue). A few hours after I received my VIN, I got a text to schedule delivery online...there was only the home delivery option for one date (9/28) with a few time slots. Congrats on your Y!

Reactions: eksigned
Tesla took it down to the wire. Took delivery of my MY in Spokane, forty-five minutes before the end of the quarter. Order date 5/4. Smooth pickup process after months of no useful communication from Tesla. Nice car, time to put that buying experience in the past. Maybe they will get it figured out once there is some competition.

We got less for the Model 3 perhaps than at Carmax but anyone else would have had to offer at least $4000 more to make up for the additional sales tax we would have owed (in Washington state if you trade in a car you pay only the difference).
Thanks for mentioning this. I didn't know about it. If I've already filled out my profile without a trade-in, can I just call in and tell them I want to include a trade-in? I'd like to be able to compare Tesla's offer with Carmax/Carvana.

Hey, another Mukilteo person! Guess we'll be seeing each other on the road. What color/spec did you get?

Reactions: eksigned and jebinc