Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone driven a MYP in the snow here in Seattle area? I have only lived on Whidbey Island for 1 winter. There was only one bad snow storm last winter for 1-2 days and even my 4x4 pickup had some trouble just based on volume of snow. I am from Kansas so am used to ice and snow conditions. I work at the hospital and take call so I need to be able to make it into work. Thinking about getting another set of wheels and tires but trying to decide if I should try the stock before dropping like $3-4k
At the very least, I wouldn't recommend using the OEM tires for the MYP as they're summer tires. Even without inclement weather, the rubber will harden in cold temps and will lose significant traction. Add in any rain/snow and it becomes highly dangerous.

Got my VIN Saturday (10/30) and delivery date is this Wednesday (11/3). Just finished setting up appointment for PPF and ceramic tinting.
Order date of 6/9 and EDD went from10/31 - 11/29 to 11/1 - 11/16 to 10/31 - 11/6 then VIN (MF304XXX).
White on black with induction wheels. No FSD.
Congrats! Curious what installer you're going with here in the Seattle area?

Looking for an installer as well. Do they do stealth PPF full body wrap? Cheapest I've found has been in Kirkland at Jay's Tint Shop for $5K out the door with Suntek as the brand.
I'm not sure about stealth PPF but he uses 3M Pro but may have other brands available. I only opted for full front (hood, bumper, fenders, headlights, fogs, mirror caps) and rear trunk. Prices were reasonable.

Looking for an installer as well. Do they do stealth PPF full body wrap? Cheapest I've found has been in Kirkland at Jay's Tint Shop for $5K out the door with Suntek as the brand.
Great price, especially for being on the Eastside. Although I don't know much about Suntek. Let us know if you end up going there and how you like it.
I got LLumar Valor full wrap on my Plaid but it was almost double that including tint.

Hello! Finally joining this group. I'm in the boonies known as Maple Valley and have been going back and forth on ordering a Y for months. Then back and forth of if I wanted a LR or Performance. Then back and forth on which tires... this is all very frustrating for us PNW folks and the crappy tires the "pretty" wheels get. Watched there be a couple price increases, and functional changes. I finally just said, "Ok! Gemini's it is.. It'll take between 6-137 months to get a car at this point, but with the money saved I can get wheels that look nice and actually function in our weather out here" and pulled the trigger this morning. Super excited to finally no longer stress about if I should do it or not and now I just get to wait til' 2074 for the car to actually be ready. Wohoo!

Looking at exchanging the tires for all seasons on my MYP(EDD Dec). I’m not keen on buying a whole set of winter tires then having to store the other set. Is there a market to sell the stock tires?
Post here once you have them, they also turn up on Craigslist and FB Marketplace intermittently.

From what I see, the 21" staggered wheels have limited appeal and resale value. My plan is to just store them and put back on when selling the car.

Reactions: JayhawkCRNA
Hello! Finally joining this group. I'm in the boonies known as Maple Valley and have been going back and forth on ordering a Y for months. Then back and forth of if I wanted a LR or Performance. Then back and forth on which tires... this is all very frustrating for us PNW folks and the crappy tires the "pretty" wheels get. Watched there be a couple price increases, and functional changes. I finally just said, "Ok! Gemini's it is.. It'll take between 6-137 months to get a car at this point, but with the money saved I can get wheels that look nice and actually function in our weather out here" and pulled the trigger this morning. Super excited to finally no longer stress about if I should do it or not and now I just get to wait til' 2074 for the car to actually be ready. Wohoo!
Congrats! Welcome to the fam ! :)
Hey, Maple Valley isn't boonies is it? I'm right not to ya in Covington. Hoping to get our Y this month but we'll see.
Wife liked the soft ride of the smaller long range wheels, but after owning a Model 3 AWD and wishing I had the performance model every single time I drive it, no way I could do that again, so went with the MYP. (Although....technically I'm buying the Y for her so the Plaid will be all mine... but still.. 🤣 )

Nice, we used to live in Covington but moved just a tad further in the boonies (considering it takes at least 45 minutes to drive _anywhere_ I consider it the boonies :p ) for the schools... and to pay way more on our mortgage :confused: I always wanted an S, but just didn't really make sense with a family and a wife who won't ride in my current BMW sedan because it is "too small" and "rides too low" :p

Reactions: GroovaEV
How does the deferral process work? Can you choose when you want to receive or do you go back to the end of the line?
You only get to choose when you release the hold. Once that happens, it’s anyone’s guess. I deferred and released my hold a little early. My EDD is now back in the original time frame. I’m sure others have different experiences though.

How does the deferral process work? Can you choose when you want to receive or do you go back to the end of the line?
My account says "On hold until Dec 15 2021" with an "I'm ready" button also on the page. I spoke with a SA on the phone, who made the change. It took a day or so before it reflected in my account. If you read up on the order and fulfillment process here, it's all over the place so who knows how long the delta between pressing the "I'm Ready" button, and me having a car will be. Days, weeks, months?

My account says "On hold until Dec 15 2021" with an "I'm ready" button also on the page. I spoke with a SA on the phone, who made the change. It took a day or so before it reflected in my account. If you read up on the order and fulfillment process here, it's all over the place so who knows how long the delta between pressing the "I'm Ready" button, and me having a car will be. Days, weeks, months?
My account says:

Estimated Delivery: December 16 - December 31
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.