Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2.74% still isn't bad. They seem pretty good to work with so far? I am going to go visit them next week and inquire about the process.

Had to set up a checking and savings account and direct deposit to get that, correct?
Yeah they have been, I've been working with an associate over at the Shoreline branch up north (closest branch to Ballard) and have a direct line to him and been working with him to set everything up. I hear once you're assigned a VIN, things move pretty quickly, so just getting all my ducks in a row. Account is set up with auto pay, just need to visit the branch to sign some final papers for a check when the vehicle is ready to be picked up.

Rumor going around is that the red paint can do that to you.
It is the least common paint choice, slightly trailing black, using this as what is probably a good enough statistical representation of the overall order pool.

The estimate on the website is probably inaccurate as well... Putting my order in September it was estimating October and now we're in December.
There's also the whole "Washington gets the last dregs of the quarter" aspect, where very quickly deliveries push out to the end of the next quarter. Several associates in Seattle (including myself) had their December deliveries last year pushed out multiple quarters when not everything lined up. Pretty frustrating how the delivery prioritization process works out on the west coast.

There's also the whole "Washington gets the last dregs of the quarter" aspect, where very quickly deliveries push out to the end of the next quarter. Several associates in Seattle (including myself) had their December deliveries last year pushed out multiple quarters when not everything lined up. Pretty frustrating how the delivery prioritization process works out on the west coast.
Yeah, I've been hanging out on the Recent Estimate Delivery thread for awhile now and looks like the time between VIN assignment and delivery of the vehicle is a couple weeks for east coast vs. a few days for west coast. Doesn't help the fomo when you see your exact build VIN get assigned to later ODs though. Does seem like PNW gets shafted often.

EDD just pushed out again, from a theoretical 12/3-12/16 to 12/16-12/28 a few days ago to now 12/16-12/31. Low confidence.

My car tabs expire this weekend so I need to sell to Carmax and play the lottery on really getting a car in December, while most likelihood, Tesla pushes me back to March for the MY. Or, I choose to pay $1,000 to keep the car a little longer.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
EDD just pushed out again, from a theoretical 12/3-12/16 to 12/16-12/28 a few days ago to now 12/16-12/31. Low confidence.

My car tabs expire this weekend so I need to sell to Carmax and play the lottery on really getting a car in December, while most likelihood, Tesla pushes me back to March for the MY. Or, I choose to pay $1,000 to keep the car a little longer.
Man, I can sympathize with this. I lost the Tabs lottery and now I've spent $1k more on the car I'm selling that gives it no additional value. I don't get why WA doesn't allow you to apply for a prorated refund for the cost or at least keep it valid for the next owner so it can be used as a selling point for having 11 months of included paid tabs. Almost every other state allows one or the other of these options...

Reactions: westernvine

If you happen to know someone who lives outside of the RTA area there are other options for that....

Wont you lose thousands off the tax by not trading it in?
In Washington (so yes, my case), if it's an equivalent offer to Tesla's, yes, it's not a good deal and renewing tabs is ideal.

In today's used car market I'm told by forums/friends that it's likely going to be higher than Tesla's offer enough to more than offset. I've done the math to set a baseline for what's needed.

I also learned today that in some states, like California, there's no trade-in sales tax benefit like we have!

Today is DD. Wife received two text messages, two emails, and a phone call last night to confirm we are picking it up and offering an earlier time which we can't support.

Understand this is touchless delivery this time. As a Tesla owner I don't need someone going over how to set the car up but I wonder if this experience would turn new owners off. Does Renton offer someone to go over the car? This would be something I'd be interested in after I retire. Don't make any money but I enjoy teaching folks about Tesla.