Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What bugs me about Tesla is that their EDDs are all over the place. And you can't count on them. They will be like EDD Dec ish, so you plan a trip to see family in Nov and then they are like oh by the way your car is ready during the time you will be on your trip in Nov. They should be able to work with that. Not very good customer experience if you ask me.
It doesn't make any sense at all. My order date is after yours, same config (I think, mine is MYP White/black, no tow) but my EDD is still January 4th-February 1st. If you ordered before me and it is the same build then why is yours coming a month later?

My delivery date got pushed again yesterday.

From 12/30 - 12/31 earlier to 12/30 to 1/28
I think this is the fifth time the EDD has changed in the last few months. I don't trust any EDD anymore considering how dynamic it has been.

Mine is a MYLR / white exterior and Interior / Gemini wheels / no tow and no FSD. Ordered June 19th.

Has anyone else also got thier delivery date pushed to Jan yesterday?

What bugs me about Tesla is that their EDDs are all over the place. And you can't count on them. They will be like EDD Dec ish, so you plan a trip to see family in Nov and then they are like oh by the way your car is ready during the time you will be on your trip in Nov. They should be able to work with that. Not very good customer experience if you ask me.
Pretty despicable on their part to be blunt. They don’t get enough crap for it.

They’ll drag your EDD all over the place 20 times making it hard to make plans but god forbid you’re out of town for a week or they’ll give your car to someone else after waiting for half a year.

Reactions: westernvine
I ordered in late October/early November (can't remember which). MSM/white interior/no tow or FSD MYP. My EDD has been Jan3-Jan31 for weeks now. All of a sudden today I got a text to schedule delivery. I didn't have a VIN assigned as of yesterday, so this happened suspiciously quickly. VIN is a 3262XX. Scheduled for delivery Monday at 3pm in Renton. Trading in a 2020 MYLR, paying cash for the difference.

Emailed my SA to see if they can tell if this was someone else's reject. Hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but don't want someone's leftovers either :p

This is Tesla #4 for me
According to my SA (and the person from the Renton delivery center) this Model Y was destined for someone else this week but they couldn't secure funding. Apparently its still in plastic and needs to be prepped for delivery but was not rejected, or so they say. Neither seemed to have any clue on build date or tires, so we'll see on Monday afternoon what I end up with.

Reactions: Corndart
Happy day here, took delivery.

Not trying to put salt in wounds. As I mentioned, last year we had an order for a M3P that had EDDs of Oct->Nov->Dec->March->and we eventually canceled, major bummer.

This home delivery also went better than our 2018 experience which was full of rescheduled deliveries. So, hopefully someone is pushing for logistics improvements, but it's super unfair to west coast buyers that we have to be on seat's edge all of December wondering if it's all real or not.

IMG_5469.jpeg

Happy day here, took delivery.

Not trying to put salt in wounds. As I mentioned, last year we had an order for a M3P that had EDDs of Oct->Nov->Dec->March->and we eventually canceled, major bummer.

This home delivery also went better than our 2018 experience which was full of rescheduled deliveries. So, hopefully someone is pushing for logistics improvements, but it's super unfair to west coast buyers that we have to be on seat's edge all of December wondering if it's all real or not.

View attachment 745831
Congrats! I literally have the same spec MYP Blue/White, picking up this week!
I have to ask, did you test everything and find any issues? Paint, heating, panel gaps, sensors, charging, etc? Everything working fine or any issues from the factory? I wanna address them asap once I get mine.

My delivery date got pushed again yesterday.

From 12/30 - 12/31 earlier to 12/30 to 1/28
I think this is the fifth time the EDD has changed in the last few months. I don't trust any EDD anymore considering how dynamic it has been.

Mine is a MYLR / white exterior and Interior / Gemini wheels / no tow and no FSD. Ordered June 19th.

Has anyone else also got thier delivery date pushed to Jan yesterday?
Don't quote me on this because it's purely anectodal but I think the Performance Y's are being prioritied (over LR) pushed out quicker and everbody I've seen who's ordered a MYP in the last few months hasn't seen crazy changes in EDD.

Don't quote me on this because it's purely anectodal but I think the Performance Y's are being prioritied (over LR) pushed out quicker and everbody I've seen who's ordered a MYP in the last few months hasn't seen crazy changes in EDD.
Absolutely.

When I ordered a few months back, moving from a M3P to MYP, the real reason absolutely was the estimated delivery date at that time... it said Nov-Dec for P, and LR was looking at March-May at the time. I'm used to road tripping with the performance model and don't need all that range.

Reactions: PacificPower
Congrats! I literally have the same spec MYP Blue/White, picking up this week!
I have to ask, did you test everything and find any issues? Paint, heating, panel gaps, sensors, charging, etc? Everything working fine or any issues from the factory? I wanna address them asap once I get mine.
I've been happy. It was delivered on Saturday, so super rainy; being home delivery I accepted and gave it a quick-over that evening. Today I took it out in the sun, it's amazing, no complaints. I need to get HomeLink installed and so am having 1 kind of strange noise investigated at that time via a service appointment but really impressed at the quality.

For others in the Washington delivery zone who may be interested, this performance model:
  • Did have the new headlights that the performance models have (which matches what all Model 3's have now)
  • Still had the classic door panels
  • Was delivered with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires (whoo hoo)
  • Had the rear triangle paint protection on it
  • Did not have mud flaps
  • Did have all the USB and wireless charging
Nickel and diming by Tesla did mean that the accessories I preordered were quick and easy to get in there:
  • Mud flaps
  • Frunk carpet
  • Trunk storage bins
  • Center console trays
  • HomeLink *scheduled
Panels, paint, it's all great. Way better than my 2018 which was delivered without functioning air conditioning (but I did not notice for months).

Epic improvements over a 2018 M3P... heat pump (though way noisier for cabin pre-heating), heated steering wheel, sounds so much quieter and more sturdy in general, insane storage compared to the 3, no piano black, great front double pane windows etc.

Obligatory photo from today... though, I need to get some pics in the sunlight, it's a great color if it's kept clean.
AE3051BC-8A6D-4630-A7A2-1A03EF1B8A60.jpeg

I've been happy. It was delivered on Saturday, so super rainy; being home delivery I accepted and gave it a quick-over that evening. Today I took it out in the sun, it's amazing, no complaints. I need to get HomeLink installed and so am having 1 kind of strange noise investigated at that time via a service appointment but really impressed at the quality.

For others in the Washington delivery zone who may be interested, this performance model:
  • Did have the new headlights that the performance models have (which matches what all Model 3's have now)
  • Did not have mud flaps
Nickel and diming by Tesla did mean that the accessories I preordered were quick and easy to get in there:
  • Mud flaps
  • Frunk carpet
  • Trunk storage bins
  • Center console trays
  • HomeLink *scheduled
Panels, paint, it's all great. Way better than my 2018 which was delivered without functioning air conditioning (but I did not notice for months).

Epic improvements over a 2018 M3P... heat pump (though way noisier for cabin pre-heating), heated steering wheel, sounds so much quieter and more sturdy in general, insane storage compared to the 3, no piano black, great front double pane windows etc.

Obligatory photo from today... though, I need to get some pics in the sunlight, it's a great color if it's kept clean.View attachment 746138
I’m hopeful my MYP will also come with the Michelins.

• Did not have mud flaps
  • Mud flaps
  • Frunk carpet
  • Trunk storage bins
  • Center console trays
  • HomeLink *scheduled

Obligatory photo from today... though, I need to get some pics in the sunlight, it's a great color if it's kept clean.View attachment 746138
That's awesome to here! I'm very excited for my delivery. Do you by chance have specific links for all the mods you got? I'm looking at your list and I think I'm going to buy all the exact same things.