Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally heard from Tesla this morning. They cancelled my delivery and removed my car due to weather delays. No notice. I had to reach out to them. I was supposed to take delivery on Thursday. Now who knows. I’m back to square one. Super frustrating and annoying.
Probably gave your car to someone they can get it to by EOY.

Just Tesla doing Tesla things. As I’ve said before great cars but their entire process from order to delivery is just next level awful.

What’s your new EDD? Same boat - EDD says Jan 2-3 now
12/29 - 12/31. Who even knows at this point. Doubt Tesla Seattle knows. Day 137 and counting. What irks me most is I did everything right as far as I can tell. Profile complete on OD. Sent payment immediately after I got the delivery appointment. Never changed the config. You’d think actually paying for a car counts for Tesla’s Q4 numbers. Honestly I’d cancel the whole thing if I didn’t need a car or I thought it might make some kind of difference.

Same happened to me. Just incredible. How do people do financing if you can’t even rely on the VIN not changing last minute?
They prioritize profits and what’s more convenient for them over timely and fair delivery.

To some extent I get it they want to maximize profits but stuff like pulling VINs to meet EOY quota, pulling VINs because people won’t pick it up in like a 2 day window after waiting for months in the dark, and people getting cars months later than others with identical builds is flirting on the shady business practices line for me.

Reactions: Here4Comments
I had responded to the text to ask about switching to financing and about possibility of picking car up on Saturday or Sunday. No one responded so I called Tesla corporate. They were able to change the financing side. They then said I need to respond to ask the SA about the delivery pickup but basically said I have to take it by Friday. I think it is total crap that they only give 3 days to pick a car up(really only 2 days with apportionments). They say they will give my car onto someone else. It ain’t like they are going to find someone else to take delivery in less than a day if I don’t sign up for a delivery appointment because I still have 2 days to pick an appointment for Friday. This is purely punitive and terrible business practice

I had responded to the text to ask about switching to financing and about possibility of picking car up on Saturday or Sunday. No one responded so I called Tesla corporate. They were able to change the financing side. They then said I need to respond to ask the SA about the delivery pickup but basically said I have to take it by Friday. I think it is total crap that they only give 3 days to pick a car up(really only 2 days with apportionments). They say they will give my car onto someone else. It ain’t like they are going to find someone else to take delivery in less than a day if I don’t sign up for a delivery appointment because I still have 2 days to pick an appointment for Friday. This is purely punitive and terrible business practice
If I was you I would call their bluff but I am an asshole so...

If I was you I would call their bluff but I am an asshole so...
Yeah they say they only do deliveries Tues-Saturday and they aren’t open this Saturday for the holiday. And they said if I couldn’t pick up by Friday. They would give the car to someone else and hopefully they could get me another car “sometime in January”. I am just having to inconvience my work partners and get them to switch my call shifts with me. My wife is also flying in the night before at 2200 so I am hoping the possible snow on Thursday doesn’t delay her since she has to be present also to sign for the car. My delivery appointment is for 1000. I am excited for the car but this experience is definitely souring my thoughts on Tesla. I really hope Rivian figures their stuff out so I can get a R1T instead of my Cybertruck preorder. Granted I probably won’t want to pay the price of the quad motor CT since I ordered the trimotor.

Last edited:
Yeah they say they only do deliveries Tues-Saturday and they aren’t open this Saturday for the holiday. And they said if I couldn’t pick up by Friday. They would give the car to someone else and hopefully they could get me another car “sometime in January”. I am just having to inconvience my work partners and get them to switch my call shifts with me. My wife is also flying in the night before at 2200 so I am hoping the possible snow on Thursday doesn’t delay her since she has to be present also to sign for the car. My delivery appointment is for 1000. I am excited for the car but this experience is definitely souring my thoughts on Tesla. I really hope Rivian figures their stuff out so I can get a R1T instead of my Cybertruck preorder. Granted I probably won’t want to pay the price of the quad motor CT since I ordered the trimotor.
MYP blue with tow you said right? Hmmm ;-)

Spent hours canceling out my auto loan with DCU thanks to Tesla un-assigning my VIN 2 days before delivery. Same with insurance and will have to re-do the loan and all pre delivery steps again with a new VIN.

No apology, no heads up, no VIN from Tesla. Beyond frustrated - surely there is a way to complain about this?

And before the Tesla cult gives me the “don’t buy the car if you don’t like it / no other car manufacturer does this” - let me tell you I’ve bought 3 cars before and not once have they treated me like this after giving me a VIN.

Spent hours canceling out my auto loan with DCU thanks to Tesla un-assigning my VIN 2 days before delivery. Same with insurance and will have to re-do the loan and all pre delivery steps again with a new VIN.

No apology, no heads up, no VIN from Tesla. Beyond frustrated - surely there is a way to complain about this?

And before the Tesla cult gives me the “don’t buy the car if you don’t like it / no other car manufacturer does this” - let me tell you I’ve bought 3 cars before and not once have they treated me like this after giving me a VIN.
I’m with you man. My 3rd rescheduled delivery date is tomorrow and it’s 99% not happening. Frustrating, but short of cancelling the order I don’t think there’s anything to be done. Tesla is holding all the cards.

Picked her up around 4 today, No issues and came with all season tires! Love it!

Attachments

• 19FC4815-5990-4A19-8B7D-52D8B495A3BB.jpeg
    19FC4815-5990-4A19-8B7D-52D8B495A3BB.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 3E57CE30-2B55-4411-98D7-AEFB09CD4790.jpeg
    3E57CE30-2B55-4411-98D7-AEFB09CD4790.jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 47

same happened to me. the sales reps are nice but don't have any say. Right now there's a higher demand than they can produce so we have to take it... eventually, and it's only a year or two off... when there are so many other options.. and with higher rebates... things will shift when they work through the backlog and are hoping to drive more sales.. from my experience with a previous model X service sucks, delivery experience sucks... I when they HAVE to do better they will

Reactions: Altering