Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington Supercharger - WARNING - Now issuing £100 parking fines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I visited last Sunday (9th) I improved the signage a little - unfortunately I didn't realise there would be 8 separate chargers (I had in my mind they would be 4 double chargers as I couldn't get a photo before I visited).
Anyway, 4 chargers have additional signs attached to CCS Charger lead.

Thanks for your kind help much appreciated
!!!

May I suggest an improvement to your signs, as I just visited there today.

I saw your signs on the CCS cable miles away, but my initial thought was that the charging station was broken.

So may I suggest that maybe putting on a big red Tesla logo and a big yellow and black “warning” heading then the message?

On to my experience:
Lucky to me, for some reason my charger stopped as it started to charge. So I had to pop out to it check and only saw the sign put up by xxxxeye on the top part of the charger.

So I went in to the reception (straight ahead there is a door near the building where you turn right to enter the car park)

Inside I found no one at the desk. But luckily I caught the iPad thing which displayed something along the lines of “registers your car here”.

Choose over night or day park, then simple entry of your reg plate, that should do the trick.
I hope I put my reg info correctly or I’ll let you guys know if a fine letter comes through.

After I returned to the car, it was charging. So I was not sure if I had to register before the charger will start or it was just a coincidence.

When the car was charging, I was looking around and only to find your sign on the CCS to be a warning.

Also there was no mention of the staying time to be 30mins or less anywhere.

So will you get fined if you stay longer than 30 mins even you have registered?

I left after 15-20 mins charging. Hope I passed the test this time.

Sadly I got cought by this last Thursday evening (abour 9pm) and I suspect the other 2 cars that came and went whilst I was there did as well. I have to say i didnt see any signage at all saying about having to register at the hotel but obviously I only lookled at the actual supercharger (tbh i was wondering where on earth the sat nav was sending me!). I have appealed.

When I visited last Sunday (9th) I improved the signage a little - unfortunately I didn't realise there would be 8 separate chargers (I had in my mind they would be 4 double chargers as I couldn't get a photo before I visited).
Anyway, 4 chargers have additional signs attached to CCS Charger lead.

Interestingly, the Google Maps street view shows the chargers but the only sign there being an invite for you to 'recharge your own batteries' at the hotel - presumably the penalty charging wasn't active at that time (July 2018)?

Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 23.30.20.png