Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wasn’t this fixed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pshaw... Those were just "oh S moments".

Be glad you don't leave your 3 in the rain with the trunk not all the way shut (even though car says it is shut.)
Then you end up with an "oh F moment".

fwet.png

Note, the felt under the trunk liner can absorb a lot of water that drips on it over time. If you press down hard on the bottom of the trunk you can find the hidden puddle.

Be glad you don't leave your 3 in the rain with the trunk not all the way shut (even though car says it is shut.)

View attachment 370157

Note, the felt under the trunk liner can absorb a lot of water that drips on it over time. If you press down hard on the bottom of the trunk you can find the hidden puddle.
You have well groomed fingernails. George Costanza would be proud.

View attachment 370157

97FEC09A-81B6-410A-9383-C7181C9CADE8.jpeg

I have a theory that to some extent the different experiences could be explained by how thoroughly you wash your car. ;) If your car is waxed or coated, water on the trunk lid will bead and then run onto the rear window if you open the trunk. If there is no wax/coating, most of the water will run off so there is less build-up.

Most people that drive a sedan know to open the trunk slowly to let the water run off on a controlled manner as such to not pour into the trunk. (At least I always had to do that in my prior ICE sedans. Though some were better than the Model 3.)

Reactions: Kant.Ing