Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wasn’t this fixed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
502099B2-805B-4580-A6D0-DBD547D7ADD9.jpeg

This extended rubber rim right under the glass edge is wide enough to prevent water from “being projectiled” out of the edge. Water drops would hit the rubber first then drop down to the overflow below.

This extended rubber rim right under the glass edge is wide enough to prevent water from “being projectiled” out of the edge. Water drops would hit the rubber first then drop down to the overflow below.
Well, my car has that rim and shieeet still happens. Looks more like a ramp to me to help the water jump into the trunk like an Olympic ski jumper. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: 1 person
We are in the middle of a snow storm in my area right now, so mine wasn't rain but a bunch of half snow / half ice slide into my trunk when I went to get my snow brush out. I've had this problem with ICE vehicles before, but the M3 seems to have the perfect angle and slope to really throw alot of snow in your trunk. My plan is to keep the snow brush in my car now. Just found it funny that I saw this post and I had the same issue with snow happen for the first time today

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
Pshaw... Those were just "oh S moments".

Be glad you don't leave your 3 in the rain with the trunk not all the way shut (even though car says it is shut.)
Then you end up with an "oh F moment".

View attachment 370157

Note, the felt under the trunk liner can absorb a lot of water that drips on it over time. If you press down hard on the bottom of the trunk you can find the hidden puddle.

Is that the lower storage area in the trunk?

I had a cooler leak thtre and it had a little puddle like in your picture. Except, the material feels cheap and thin, like you might punch\break right through it with your finger.

I wonder what is beneath it, because given the "play" in the material, it feels like there's nothing beneath it. Just air\open space.

Concerned to put anything too heavy in there now.

Is that the lower storage area in the trunk?

I had a cooler leak thtre and it had a little puddle like in your picture. Except, the material feels cheap and thin, like you might punch\break right through it with your finger.

I wonder what is beneath it, because given the "play" in the material, it feels like there's nothing beneath it. Just air\open space.

Concerned to put anything too heavy in there now.

Yes, lower trunk area.

It should have some sort of felt like pad under it.

felt-pad.png

Reactions: alseTrick