Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waste basket (trash) solution?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought this, it fits perfectly in the recess behind the center console under the rear AC. Someone posted it here o long time ago... it's no longer available but maybe you can find it elsewhere:

https://smile.amazon.com/MATCC-Garbage-Waterproof-Storage-Organizer/dp/B01N194HEP/

To keep it sitting upright I had to put a piece of Velcro behind the pop-off panel under the vents. Two photos attached.
test.jpg test2.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: adayley
I have that one as well. One word of caution... it doesn't fit quite right. There is a gap of about an inch or so under the bottom and it slowly starts to tip forward because of it. TapTes contacted me about it after I posted a negative review and they actually blamed the poor fitment on my car, saying that in their tests it fit perfectly. Now it's possible Tesla made a change somewhere along the line that changed the size of that cavity, and that might explain the fitment being bad, but it seems highly unlikely that my specific car is somehow different than every other one on the road. Their only offer was to send me a new one. I asked if the new one would be any different then the one I had and they said no. So I declined.

To fix the issue I rolled up a USB cable I keep in that compartment for a game controller and stuck it into the gap under the can. It fits snug enough that it keeps the can from tilting forward over time.

So that company totally ripped off a 3d printable version available online. I have been using the 3d printed one since it was made. I have also ordered the one from TapTes thinking it would be different and of better quality. They are EXACTLY the same. I ended up returning it to Amazon.

I do have the same problem though. There is a empty space under it and the sides do not support it well enough and it tips forward. This happened on my 2017 and 2018 Model 3's. The little hole for the light also does not line up correctly.

I jut looked online and there seems to be an updated printable version available with little feet under it to fill that void and the opening fixed for the light.

• Informative
Reactions: adayley
I have a perfectly sized box right behind the center armrest. There is a room below the rear vents and usb ports.

Yeah, when I was road tripping/car camping, I just put a plastic grocery bag under there and dumped it when convenient; sooner if stinky stuff (watch out for scented hand wipes when trying to sleep - they just get more pungent before drying out).

The idea of attaching something to my (or passenger) seat pocket intrigues but I’d be worried it would either distend the pocket or allow mistaken use of the pocket.

Sadly, that's an actual disorder, called Diogenes syndrome. It's quite sad to see, but unfortunately I don't think the people that live that way see it as we do.

I know someone with a similar issue, but they are more a hoarder of old useless items, than actual garbage. It's to the point they can hardly move around in their living room. They acknowledge the problem, but
never try to make a change. We've all just accepted it and help clean when we can.

Back to the topic. I'd get his one if I had to:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=tmc064-20