Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watch AppleTV+ via the browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t found a post on this via search so I thought I’d share what I’ve done to make this work. Not all of this is required.

I wanted a seamless setup with onboard wifi that’s completely hidden (I live in an Apartment without wifi in the parking). The wifi onboard is free for me as I can have a SIM card from Swisscom using “multi-device” that just uses the same subscription as my phone. This makes streaming smooth for the default Entertainment of Netflix, Hulu and YouTube and works great for AppleTV+ via the browser. This will also work with the native LTE that comes with the Tesla, but I’ve found this to not always have a strong signal when I need it most in remote locations.

Hardware:

Teltonika RUT850 Automotive Wifi Router:

RUT850 - 4G/LTE Wi-Fi Automotive Router | Teltonika Networks

This only uses 5W max power and is tapped into the 12v system. The unit is hidden behind the center console and has 2*3db high gain antennas. They are mounted inside the front window pillars with one on the left and one on the right. Everything is completely hidden.

AppleTV+:

This only works when parked like other video streaming from my testing. Point your browser to:

Apple TV+

Next, save it as a favorite so it is easy to get to. Now simply use the “Sign in” button on the top right.

Voilà! Enjoy.