TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blog Watch Firefighters Rip Through the Tesla Solar Roof

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by TMC Staff, Jul 26, 2018.

1. TMC Staff

A recent video released by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection gives us a good look at the construction of Tesla's solar shingles.
    Fire training instructor Brock Archer narrates the video and offers a few details on the shingles:

READ FULL ARTICLE

2. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Do we know if those are actual Tesla roof shingles or just mock-ups for the video. They seem very lightweight. I thought the Tesla shingles had a glass layer.

3. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

Video says it is an actual, functioning Tesla solar roof.

4. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

You can see the glass shatter ever time he hits it with the ax.

5. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

The tiles seem much thinner and lighter than I was expecting. That's a good thing in my book as I was worried about the weight load of a glass roof on the house, particularly in earthquake prone areas.

6. msweetmo

msweetmo New Member

Install seems very easy!