Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watch out for solar panels!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just because someone is a "science teacher" doesn't mean they have any real, recent training in science.

Some real examples:

- A phys ed teacher, trained in that specialty, who also teaches science. (Might be OK, except he went to college 40 years ago)
- A science teacher who was afraid to touch a 3D printed skull I made (Taung child scan) because somehow she thought it was a real skull & therefore unsanitary

Just a little perspective. . .

The town in question did have a legitimate zoning problem for yet another solar power plant. Their town already has the electrical infrastructure ideal for tying solar plants into the grid, and they'd already approved three solar farms. Another would effectively surround their town.

As for the idiotic comments reported by the newspaper. . . It seems like a reporter went out of his way to find two or three wing nuts making remarks that would serve as good clickbait. Mission accomplished!

I could probably sift through posts here on TMC and cherry pick just as many idiot quotes about nuclear power. I wouldn't try to imply that they are representative of our group, though.

Wow, this is mind boggling. Do these people not do any research about this stuff, just uniformed mass hesteria.

I seriously believe that what they are lacking mentally will not be solved just by them researching.

- - - Updated - - -

That's really as far as you need to read that.
All this said, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that large scale windfarming has an impact on weather patterns and airflow on a regional or even global scale. The entire system is more sensitive than most people realise.

Change weather in a measurable way, yes.

Change celestial positions and rotations substantially, no.

Last edited: