Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watch: SpaceX to Launch First Flight Crewed by Private Citizens - I4 Launch Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I imagining or is there much less media coverage for this mission compared to the Disney ride type missions from BO and VG?

This is the real deal. I don’t think Musk hating main stream media understands that. Or they do, but they are waiting for some hiccup to happen to jump in and provide wall to wall coverage.

MSNBC is covering it live like the moon landing. All of it extremely positive. They covered the other two tourist flights after the fact with far less enthusiasm. They also talked up other things SpaceX is doing.

Geez, that St Jude promo piece got me right in the feels....
Donation coming right up!
Good flying , Inspiration4, and Godspeed!!
I gave, least I could do for all the amazing energy Elon and teams at SpaceX and Tesla have pumped into being alive and human the last 10 years. If not for that, we'd spend all our day talking about Covid...:rolleyes:

Lucky location for capturing Inspiration 4 this evening in Charleston, SC. With the sun highlighting plumes of exhaust, both stages nearly transit the waxing gibbous moon. The video appears to begin right after stage separation. From a profile perspective, it's quite breathtaking to observe how much additional range and altitude that first stage booster achieves before reentry.

quite breathtaking to observe how much additional range and altitude that first stage booster achieves before reentry.
Yes I noticed that too in the telemetry. This launch took the booster to 175 km of apogee, whereas a typical Dragon cargo launch will be up to 125 km. I wonder if it is because this one goes to a much higher orbit than ISS?

Great night, great launch!

That NBC coverage is great, but yegads, the commentary on what was happening during the launch/first stage landing was way bad. I'm surprised NBC can't get one of us on to explain the process.

Hear me, NBC? I'm available for the next one...

Reactions: EVCollies
Am I imagining or is there much less media coverage for this mission compared to the Disney ride type missions from BO and VG?

This is the real deal. I don’t think Musk hating main stream media understands that. Or they do, but they are waiting for some hiccup to happen to jump in and provide wall to wall coverage.
1631794629084.jpeg

Reactions: scaesare