Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watch Tesla Enhanced Summon In Action: Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
Forget about finding your car, the car will find you. Tesla recently upgraded its Summon feature, which originally enabled one to move the cars forward or backward using the smartphone app, to a new kind of “remote control mode” (a big RC car). The new Advanced Summon makes it possible to turn left or right and...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/03/22/watch-tesla-enhanced-summon-video/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Whenever Tesla announces something that nobody else has done, we look to complain about why it isn't better.
Slow? Yes, this is the first release, it will learn from 1000s of cars and will be improved and updated.
Accidents? Yes, my fault, my car, my responsibility to monitor it.

Reactions: Petergarrett38
I really don't see how anyone should use this in any public place.

Even if it were reasonably fast, the whole idea is that you're not right next to the car so how can you effectively monitor it to avoid scrapping other cars, running over stuff on the ground, etc. There's no question that the driver is responsible, but if they aren't in the car, they can't really control it effectively.

This seems more like a stunt than anything useful or even safe.

Benefits?
I live in Florida and park under a car port. The car port is at least 150' from our porte-cochere. When it rains in Florida, it doesn't rain, it pours down. I don't have the update and not even sure I would use SUMMONS, but I sure can dream.
No one here would complain about the speed because we all are old!
And "Go Park Yourself" does sound good to me.

Reactions: hcdavis3