Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

watch your power meter after fitting a PW@

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 2 Import Zero Export 12 to 15kWh per day (day 1 from mid day)
So new meter tells the trouth!
At last... hope the sun keeps shining for a month then the proportioned billing will be heavily in my favour
Feeling better every day

Finaly AGL admit faulty meter and have cancelled the $3500 charge and given $40 credit
so all in all not worth trying for a better outcome
Happy at last
since new meter fitted have consumed 4 kWh total and exprorted avge of 25kWh daily
So will continue to do a monthly meter check (take photo of meter) and shortly will get hourly data from Origin of Gen and Load
Hopefully this brings this to a close

What did I do to deserve this!
I have down loaded the first weeks 15 minute readings from the new smart meter (12 hrs delay) and found the Power consumption seems acurate however Zero Solar export is being logged.
Have writen to the case manager again disputing the power being logged by the new meter
Have requested the matter be examined and rectified
One of my freinds has his power with AGL and has the power consuption and Solar export displayed on his account web page so when this matter is finaly rectified I will switch to AGL

Reply from case manager:
Solar export is showing on their system they don't understand why it is not showing on the down loads
Sounds like a pretty crappy system .
They also say they are trying to get their graphics to show daily imp/export on "my account"
With the old dumb "smar"t meter non of this was obvious and of course down loads impossible!
Even the new Smart meter only does a daily down load of it's 15 minute recordings ... so not so smart

Bit the Bullet today and declared my oposition to basing the amended billing on historical data as from 12/07/2019 as I was getting some (not all) power from the PS2 so power total consumption was much lower than previus historical data and often zero.
I have offered the power consumption, export data from my Enphase graphics so will see how this pans out.
Will now explore if there is a electricity onbudsman for if Origin refuses to budge.
What a saga

Thanks for that comment Vostok
Whom would you recomend ?
I have another freind who uses Red Energy and is happy but has a small system and does not export power
Same for AGL customer I speek to he also has a 3kW system and a pool so no net export

Thanks for that comment Vostok Whom would you recomend?
I’m with Origin. While GreenPeace and GetUp! consider them to be something akin to the anti-Christ, I buy 100% Green Power so I’m forcing them to buy my grid consumption from the renewable generators :D

Basically, when I run their rateplans through my historical 5-minute PW2 data, I’ve always found one plan of theirs that comes out at the lowest cost.
  • Lowest 100% GreenPower surcharge in the industry (2.8 c/kWh)
  • Highest FIT available (21 c/kWh - although in my case, their plan with a lower FIT of 7 c/kWh was actually cheaper overall, by a fair margin, due to the lower daily connection charge of 82.2c on that plan. If you export a lot, this might not be the case)
  • Low offpeak rate (11.6 c/kWh). Over two-thirds of our grid consumption is offpeak.
  • They offer 100% carbon-offset natural gas product. I am not aware of any other retailer which offers this.
  • An App that works. Can review usage on hourly, daily, monthly basis etc and download the data. Although of course all this is available from the Tesla app at 5 minute granularity.

Reactions: pts260
I have a duplex both with 9.6 kWp panels and 8 kW inverters. One with the PW2 is with AGL, the other is with origin.
Switched to AGL for their VPP deal.
Both have great (1 day lag, 2 for AGL) usage monitoring.

Origin:
upload_2021-1-22_19-34-50.png

AGL
upload_2021-1-22_19-34-55.png

Have Verified and cross checked with app. All very accurate.

Both Plans have 21c FIT, don't be afraid to ask for another 12 months of the high FIT after the plan expires.

Charge car via off peak @ 11c/ kWh

Thanks pts250
Yes that is the data my freind showed me for his set up, however his pool pump and solar pump consume most of his solar but it seemed a better set up
No word back yet from Origin
My 7.5kW system is mainly in surplus and I was earning around $300/quarter befor the new scaled tarif came in

It could start getting interesting!
The Ombudsman responded within 2 days asked the problem and what I wanted as the solution,
they contacted Origin at a managment level to escalate the issue.
Origin responded with "whats the problem?"
I explained and they said arn't you happy that your account has gone from $3500 debit to $39 credit?
My reponce that this account was based on fairy stories as the last good meter reading was May last year!
And that I had reliable daiyl/weekly or monthly data (from Enphase) that I would gladly share with them
They requested monthly data from May.
all done now waiting for responce

Tesla inspection was a fizzer they checked all systems on line and said "site visit not warrented, check with installer"
I did check with installer when I recieved the massive bill.
Origin has wasted all this time since I contacted the Ombudsman, they went and did a repete of the previous testing and verifying and came to the same conclusion that the new bill based on historic power consumption was fair and resonable (load of crap)
I have instructed them that they owe me $900 for lost solar input and excess charges and that I will refer all corespondance back to the Ombudsman.
Interesting during all this time wasting the February account became due and it is 60 days new meter and 30 days fairy tails .. they have NOT presented this bill and asked me to ring them and discuss it.
My responce send the February bill imediatly as it will also be refered to the Ombudsman.
Monday will be intersting

Finaly Origin completed their investigation
The Ombudsman would not take any further action untill Origin finalised their case
Origin answere:-

:Hello Joe,

Hope this email finds you well.

I've already reviewed the readings on the bills and the bill is correct and it's inline with the actual usage at the property. This means that there will be no changes on your bills.

I can apply a one off credit on the account for $100. Just let me know if you'll accept this offer.:

The case has now gone back to the Ombudsman
Going to take a longggggg time .....
In the interim I have gone to AGL as of 01/04
Can't be any worse surly?
I can only live and hope for a freindly resilution
Whilst our positive cash ballance steadily grows

Wow the negotiations slowly move on!
Just had a call from the Power and Water ombudsman and they used the actual power from the New Smart meter for 3 months and aplied that back to the date the PW2 was installed and submitted this to Origin as a fair resolution of the issue and Origin have agreed.
So after such a long time It has paid of using the Ombudsman
So will recieve Email to this effect from the Ombudsman then conformation from Origin can then apply for a refund.
Worth the pain and wait.