Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watching BBC iplayer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 3 of the my Model S adventure. Whilst waiting for the battery to charge I tried to select the BBC iplayer. It said that the car did not have a UK IP address and was therefore unable to connect. Is it possible to watch any of TV type 'player' services in the Model S in the UK?

I have read in previous posts that the BBC radio content is available through a service called 'Tunein', but with DAB radio available in the UK all the BBC radio services are present on that. I particularly liked the comment from one Californian resident saying how much he enjoyed driving round California listening to the 'Archers'. :smile:

As a second question related to the net connection, on my PC's I use Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client. Can it be used in the Tesla? I don't particularly want to use GMail.

Thanks again.

Congratulations on your new MS.

Video is not enabled in the native web browser.

There is no native Email/MMS/SMS function within MS like many other brands provide. There is no way for you to use a different web browser within MS.

Day 3 of the my Model S adventure. Whilst waiting for the battery to charge I tried to select the BBC iplayer. It said that the car did not have a UK IP address and was therefore unable to connect. Is it possible to watch any of TV type 'player' services in the Model S in the UK?

I have read in previous posts that the BBC radio content is available through a service called 'Tunein', but with DAB radio available in the UK all the BBC radio services are present on that. I particularly liked the comment from one Californian resident saying how much he enjoyed driving round California listening to the 'Archers'. :smile:

As a second question related to the net connection, on my PC's I use Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client. Can it be used in the Tesla? I don't particularly want to use GMail.

Thanks again.

Thunderbird? Seriously? No one commented on that?

(j/k)