TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Watching BBC iplayer?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Asciidv, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Asciidv

Asciidv Member

Day 3 of the my Model S adventure. Whilst waiting for the battery to charge I tried to select the BBC iplayer. It said that the car did not have a UK IP address and was therefore unable to connect. Is it possible to watch any of TV type 'player' services in the Model S in the UK?

I have read in previous posts that the BBC radio content is available through a service called 'Tunein', but with DAB radio available in the UK all the BBC radio services are present on that. I particularly liked the comment from one Californian resident saying how much he enjoyed driving round California listening to the 'Archers'. :smile:

As a second question related to the net connection, on my PC's I use Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client. Can it be used in the Tesla? I don't particularly want to use GMail.

Thanks again.

2. BertL

BertL Active Member

Congratulations on your new MS.

Video is not enabled in the native web browser.

There is no native Email/MMS/SMS function within MS like many other brands provide. There is no way for you to use a different web browser within MS.

3. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

Thunderbird? Seriously? No one commented on that?

(j/k)