Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watching for I-70 Superchargers from Denver to St. Louis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! That adds to the ongoing mystery here. Oh well. I was looking forward to cruising Kansas to Topeka on electrons on a business trip from Denver in July. Will probably just rent a gasoline/air explosion car .... I have sworn off the hassle of airports and little planes whenever possible....:cool:

Who knows...you may be able to do this in your Model S by July. See my posts at Supercharger - Limon, CO and Supercharger - Hays, KS today. Things are heating up! Crews are actively working at Limon, Goodland, and Hays. All you in addition to those places, is Salina, to make it easily to Topeka.

Yes, I have a Blue S 85 delivered last October. I drive to Russell, KS frequently. Can't wait to be able to drive west on Superchargers.

I assume that you have overnight charging in Russell! Salina will be a great addition for you for your trip to Russell; you can drive with the wind when Salina opens!

Good luck with your MS in Wichita.

Any word on Supercharger locations in Salina?

Holiday Inns have been good guesses. That is where the Supercharger is going in at Goodland. See Salina Holiday Inn - Google Maps. Salina has both a Holiday Inn Express and a Holiday Inn Express Suites that seem to well placed near I-70. Food is a little sparse there with a bit of a stroll to an IHOP and a McDonalds, but still better than Goodland and Gallup.

Per Cottonwood's suggestion, reposting here...

Thanks to all who have posted on this topic. Information about charging the I-70 corridor has been hard to come by but will be a real game changer for those of us in KC.

I have been hoping that the Topeka Supercharger would be located at the Turnpike Service area on the east side of Topeka and have sent this suggestion to Tesla. There are several fast food restaurants, a convenience store, gift shop, and restrooms there. It would also conveniently serve those travelling south down I-35. However, the most important aspect of this location is that you do not have to get on and off the turnpike and deal with the related tolls and delays. Thoughts?

Maybe this is widely known already, but I don't remember hearing anything so specific.
1)The roll out on I-70 is most definately going to continue the West to East progression, with St.Louis being the last stop.
2)Columbia SC projected to be up by the end of July and the entire corridor by the end of the summer.

Maybe this is widely known already, but I don't remember hearing anything so specific.
1)The roll out on I-70 is most definately going to continue the West to East progression, with St.Louis being the last stop.
2)Columbia SC projected to be up by the end of July and the entire corridor by the end of the summer.

I'm not sure what this is referring to (did I miss something in the article posted by jrw?), but this is the general impression I've gotten just from the progress updates (and timing of those progress updates) for the 3 known locations, combined with the second-hand info shared here in this thread.

NEWS! : "Ribbon cutting on the Tesla Supercharger next Friday June 13" Hay Ks Applebees manager in phonecall June 6.

;)
.... only problem is how to get there ....?

Crap! My Model S is still in the body shop getting the deer hit repaired and I won't get it back until the next week. I really wanted to make that opening. I be up that way the next week and will make a visit.

I wonder if there are current plans to continue on to St. Louis. I received the following in the e-mail announcement from Tesla Motors that the location in Hays, KS was now open.

---
The planet’s fastest charging station is now just a road trip away! We are excited to announce our first Supercharger in Kansas. The Hays Supercharger is part of a growing series of Superchargers that will support travel along Interstate 70 between Denver and Kansas City for free, for life.
---

Who knows what this really means....

SALINA SUPER CHARGER IS FOUND!
Construction is ongoing but should be done in a week or two.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salina
755 W Diamond Dr, Salina, KS, United States

That would make an upcoming summer trip MUCH better ;)

Also, I put the Goodland, KS on the Plugshare map, in case anyone wants to see it.

Last edited: