TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Watchlistnews: Tesla Motors VP Gregory Reichow Sells 2,084 Shares (TSLA)

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by twinklejet, Aug 19, 2013.

1. twinklejet

twinklejet Member

Article: http://www.watchlistnews.com/2013/08/19/tesla-motors-vp-gregory-reichow-sells-2084-shares-tsla/

Article attributed to: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/000158453113000004/xslF345X01/edgardoc.xml

Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) VP Gregory Reichow sold 2,084 shares of Tesla Motors stock on the open market in a transaction dated Wednesday, August 14th. The stock was sold at an average price of $141.19, for a total value of $294,239.96. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this link.
    A number of analysts have recently weighed in on TSLA shares. Analysts at Lazard Capital Markets downgraded shares of Tesla Motors from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating in a research note to investors on Monday, August 12th. They now have a $100.00 price target on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. Separately, analysts at Morgan Stanley raised their price target on shares of Tesla Motors from $109.00 to $149.00 in a research note to investors on Friday, August 9th. Finally, analysts at TheStreet reiterated a “hold” rating on shares of Tesla Motors in a research note to investors on Friday, August 9th.
    Three investment analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, six have issued a hold rating and nine have given a buy rating to the stock. The company has an average rating of “Hold” and a consensus price target of $132.84.

Shares of Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) traded up 2.54% on Monday, hitting $145.61. The stock had a trading volume of 3,719,049 shares. Tesla Motors has a 52 week low of $26.86 and a 52 week high of $158.88. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $129.4 and its 200-day moving average is $77.18. The company’s market cap is $17.684 billion.
    Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) last announced its earnings results on Wednesday, August 7th. The company reported $0.20 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of ($0.16) by $0.36. The company had revenue of $405.10 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $393.40 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted ($0.89) earnings per share. The company’s quarterly revenue was up 1417.2% on a year-over-year basis. On average, analysts predict that Tesla Motors will post $0.55 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
    Tesla Motors, Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) designs, develops, manufactures and sells electric vehicles and advanced electric vehicle powertrain components. viewcount.ashx?type=i&secondary=1&id=23450.gif

2. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Eleventh Commandment: Thou Shalt Take Profits.
    --

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#3 NigelM, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    Means nothing. Many of the Tesla executives have the stock program as part of their remuneration package and the program executes automatically at stipulated times.

There's posts all around on various threads, but I recall this specific discussion back in March 2012: Are-you-also-investing-in-Tesla

4. blakegallagher

It makes me feel good seeing an article like this make news. I have about 1/4 the shares that he sold lol. Almost 1/4 of the shares I would need to have to make news If I sold them and was an officer. It has been a crazy ride.

5. Jonathan Hewitt

Jonathan Hewitt Active Member

Haha, I was about to congratulate you for having so many shares but then realized that I have the almost exactly 1/4 the number of shares that he sold too! (524 shares+call contracts as well). Thanks for pointing this out, it made me feel really good too once you pointed it out!

6. austinEV

austinEV Active Member

I had a similar reaction. *I* sold more than that today in my first experiment to mitigate a Tesla Tuesday. Then this crash test news pops...

7. c041v

c041v Member

For what it's worth, this makes me feel better about my short term put play in an attempt to mitigate a Tesla Tuesday.