Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water collecting in Model 3 trunk lid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My trunk lock failed three days ago so I scheduled a service appointment after looking at the threads on that issue. I can only open the trunk by crawling inside and pushing the manual slider. Having just done so I heard the water sloshing about as you have all described so I now suspect that the water has affected the electrics and caused the electronic catch to fail. Anyone else experienced this? ie the water is the root cause.

Happened to me on my M3 AWD LR and it's April 2022, so they haven't fixed the problem since this thread started 2 years ago (!). Tons of water sloshing inside - had to lift and lower the trunk lid to get maybe a quart of water out of it. Something is wrong but service center is far away. Maybe time for rover service.

Somehow I fixed it. I filled all the little holes around the trunk lid with touch up paint dabbed on. Especially the ones at the top corners of the long thin bits of the lid when it’s closed where the water comes out of when open. Went over every inch of it. No problems since. Its been about a year since I did it.