Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water collecting - passenger door sill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the last couple of months I've noticed water starting to collect on the rear passenger door sill, driver's side. This happens after washing and heavy rain.

As much as half a pint (ish) will collect and it looks like the seal on the bottom of the door is preventing it draining. It splashes out as soon as the door is opened. I guess part of the drainage system is blocked?

Anyone else seen this or had it fixed please? It looks like a service visit if it's not a simple fix. Car is a 2019 M3P.

Cheers

Over the last couple of months I've noticed water starting to collect on the rear passenger door sill, driver's side. This happens after washing and heavy rain.

As much as half a pint (ish) will collect and it looks like the seal on the bottom of the door is preventing it draining. It splashes out as soon as the door is opened. I guess part of the drainage system is blocked?

Anyone else seen this or had it fixed please? It looks like a service visit if it's not a simple fix. Car is a 2019 M3P.

Cheers
Has it had a secondary door seal kit added? they were popular in 2019 to reduce wind noise?

Reactions: spon88
Still not resolved and patience with Notts SC now gone. They failed to find the problem in a visit in June insisting that water retained behind the door seal was "in spec" as it wasn't entering the passenger area. I was informed that at pick-up so a completely wasted day. Clearly that was rubbish so a I rebooked and waited the best part of 6 weeks for an appointment with a loan car tomorrow. I also asked them to check that a replacement door seal was available.

They messaged a couple of hours ago to cancel my appointment as the loan car was no longer available and they wouldn't confirm the availability of a new door seal! So having booked time out from my work and waited weeks, Tesla Notts cancel at the drop of a hat. No apology - just "pick a new date".

Unfortunately it isn't the first time. This is three visits out of six to Notts SC where they've simply messed up - either the booking date, loan car or simply called me back to have spares fitted and then found they weren't correct.

The odd thing is that the other 3 visits were fine - it's completely hit or miss which seems to be the case with quite a lot that Tesla do. I may book in to a different service centre and try my luck elsewhere - Milton Keynes always used to be spot on but it's a fair old trek down the M1. Sigh :(