Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water coming into the car when I open FWD door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I open the FWD door, some water will run to the front and rear of the drain, but there will be some that will just skip right over the channel above the seat and drip right into the car. I don't think my last X did it and the gasket on my new car seems fine. DOes anyone know what the fix is?

I live in the SF Bay Area and was inundated as well, but months ago the issue came up on the forums and one of the members had a successful solution. He went to Ebay and found:

1/4'' X 10 ft HALF ROUND BLACK TRIM ACCENT BLACK MOLDING UNIVERSAL 0.25" Wide

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1%2F4%...

And installed this long adhesive bumper on the upper edge of the top edge glass of the car, adjacent to the edge of the falcon wing door, (not on the door, but the flat surface of the top of the car) and ran it a little before and after the door. When the doors open, then spill water from the top of the door and the long bumper edge catches and redirects the water down the back of the car. He says that stops the water completely. I am waiting for the rains to stop so I can try it.

Yes, it is a design flaw, this aspect was not thought out well, but perhaps they will have some solution in the future. That is what we get for having fancy doors!

Mike P