Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water condensation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
Same here. Been waiting for replacement for over a month.

Take a picture and email it to your SC. This way they can order it for you and when you go for service you Can get it fixed.

I had the same thing and I brought it to my SC. They told me that the condensation is normal for the design. There are very small vent holes at the bottom that will allow the air to balance the humidity and hence those droplets will disappear. On some days however it may reappear. I would email your pictures to your SC and let them comment on it. If it is normal you would have saved yourself a needless trip.

I noticed condensation in all four tail light housings yesterday, similar to the pictures posted by ThomasB. Is this normal?

I assume it's normal. I drove through heavy rain the day prior, and the condensation was gone a few hours after I noticed it. There are definitely vent holes, so it's hard to imagine what replacement lights would actually do. Thus I assume the owners who got replacement lights did so needlessly.

If there are vent holes, they should be directed towards the interior of the vehicle to draw moisture out of the housing. If there is a crack in the light housing and moisture is creeping in from outside this is not normal. These fixtures should stay clear.

I had this and took it to the SC.

The person who mans the front door at the SC says it was normal, then I told him I'd never seen this in my old Lexus or my VW. I guess the head tech came out and said no, it isn't normal.

They took my car for the day and replaced it.

Reactions: Freedom101
I was told it's normal from my local SC.
If you look at my original pictures you can see a small whole in the plastic to let the heat get out of the lights. Apparently they get very warm.

It happened to me only once or twice I don't really sweat about it anymore. It's only in very specific cases it will fog up.