Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water Dumped Into Car when opening Falcon Door!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello again all,
So we went somewhere with our 2018 Model X-100D and my wife was sitting in the
back. We'd done a bit of "sight seeing" and came back to the car and she opens the
falcon wing and it dumps a bunch of water right into the seat she is about to sit in.

Is my MX defective or is this a "feature" of the Falcon wing doors during rain?

- Jim in the PNW where it rains ... OFTEN.

Hello again all,
So we went somewhere with our 2018 Model X-100D and my wife was sitting in the
back. We'd done a bit of "sight seeing" and came back to the car and she opens the
falcon wing and it dumps a bunch of water right into the seat she is about to sit in.

Is my MX defective or is this a "feature" of the Falcon wing doors during rain?

- Jim in the PNW where it rains ... OFTEN.
Sounds like a “no charge” feature!

• Funny
Reactions: mswlogo
Feature. Sadly. Happened to my kids once. Here in the PNW. I know how annoying that is.

I also know it doesn't happen very often.

Note a solo driver will not notice this phenomenon, you need passengers to experience it and say something.

Anyway it's not great, but it's not a deal breaker. Have a towel handy and your life moves on pretty quickly with no drama.

Reactions: Art VandeIay
My 2017 X has not done this even with significant rain. It is not supposed to happen, and there are other threads where people have varying luck getting the service center(s) to fix it (or even attempt to). Unfortunately, as time goes on, service centers seem to fix less, so you could mention it, but wouldn't be likely to have much luck getting it resolved. I think there is at least one thread where someone mention a way to resolve it without the service center, but it has been some time since I've seen these threads, so I don't remember and couldn't point you toward them.