Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water egress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 M3 LR . . . .On my return home I noticed a large water trail marking the route I took backing out of my driveway. I noticed the same thing last week. Clearly it has come from the car but was it rain water accumlating somewhere or some other water AND is it something I should be concerned about?

Note 1: The car was park on the driveway for 2 days on a slight incline, it did rain on an off in that peirod.
Note 2: This is the first time since getting the car I have had it parked in that place / position (the wife's parking spot)

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
It’s probably just rainwater caught up above a drain point (or possibly a clogged drain point) as the car was parked on a slight incline. Unless there’s water going into the car interior, then nothing to worry about.

Don't think you should be concerned. The same thing has been reported multiple times by different people.

The word around the campfire is that the car occasionally "does something" (technical term) with the A/C to ensure that it is running properly, cleaning out any algae/mould. I think it's a dehumidifying process.

I doubt very much anything is actually blocked.

All cars with air-conditioning seep water that has been extracted from the cabin air. As Tesla a/c would appear to have a mind of its own as to when it operates, I'll take a guess that's what it is. I can't think of any other water source apart from the wiper reservoir.