Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water found in passenger front footwell on 2021 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any update on this? I got a mobile service coming up for something else and my passenger side has been leaking for the past 2 days. It’s only 2 weeks old. Do you think the mobile service could fix it?

Service center is 90 plus mins away
From the app you can send a message to the service team using your existing service appointment. They will most likely be able to at least take a look while they visit for mobile service.

From the app you can send a message to the service team using your existing service appointment. They will most likely be able to at least take a look while they visit for mobile service.
Yes I sent them a picture of the issue. Hopefully mobile service can look at it when they come. I dislocated my ankle so I’m super out of commission. Do you think they should replace the carpet etc that’s getting wet?

Attachments

• 84F74854-2633-4318-B5C1-5DB19A38479F.jpeg
    84F74854-2633-4318-B5C1-5DB19A38479F.jpeg
    623.1 KB · Views: 250
any fix for this issue? my 2022 model y has this issue. water leaked out under glove compartment during faster acceleration.
There is a fix and they should be aware of this issue. It’s the hepa filters in the frunk. The enclosure isn’t closing properly. I haven’t had a chance to take mine in yet. But here is a service ticker from someone with the same issue.

Attachments

• 9B16F364-460C-44EC-B58E-B57B7C736DE7.jpeg
    9B16F364-460C-44EC-B58E-B57B7C736DE7.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 6BA065EE-B2BA-43ED-BFCF-76CD11281ED4.jpeg
    6BA065EE-B2BA-43ED-BFCF-76CD11281ED4.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: davidlee
Still not clear what the root cause of this is. Is it...

1) HEPA filter housing has a seam that leaks and needs to be repaired or sealed to prevent water ingress?

or

2) HEPA filter housing was installed incorrectly that allows water ingress?

View attachment 820305
2nd time bringing my vehicle to fix persistent water leak. Not sure what they did differently this time but hopefully this fixed it as they took 2 days to fix this.
Sorry to bring an old thread alive. Plasmo, just wondering if the problem has been fixed on your second try. I have the same problem again this summer even though the service centre claimed they had it fixed last year. Luckily the summer doesn't last that long in Toronto.

Thanks for the suggestion but I think it's not related to the condensation line since it happens only after heavy rainfall. I'd been blasting the A/C non-stop for a few weeks already and don't see any water leaking until it rained heavily for the past two days. Also no water leak found after touchless car washes.