Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water in right side fender repeater camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20220309_113212.jpg

This is the second time this has happened. First time tech said camera was either defective or was damaged when installed. So why did happen again? Autopilot features consequently do not work. I have a service appointment scheduled to have the camera replaced....again.
My left side marker camera was just replaced via mobile service. The tech said sometimes the seal on camera enclosure fails and water gets in; mine had same condensation accumulation. I had assumed a recent storm which led me to have to drive through some flooded freeway may have led to it failing. This is the first time mine has malfunctioned.
How long since your first camera was replaced?

Upvote 0
I just noticed this on my car the other day and was shocked to see the condensation. Is this something i can schedule with mobile service?
I didn’t even notice it until the service tech pointed it. In my situation the camera was malfunctioning showing black screen when using left turn signal and it disabled autopilot and sentry mode recording.
You can schedule service appt via the app.

Reactions: Doublea88
Upvote 0
As far as I know side repeater is made of 2 parts (like a shell) which are glued together. Usually we screw them up when using pressure wash, but sometimes even rain is enough for the water to come in.
A lot of people will never notice this until their camera dies. Note that internal electronics of side repeater is naked and WILL die eventually if the water comes in contact with it.
The same design is used for the tail lights...and no surprise, some people notice water/condensation.
Be careful how you pressure wash your tesla

Upvote 0