Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water in the Trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a large cooler in my trunk and the plug was not in. 1/2 the ice melted and water from the cooler leaked into the back of my trunk area. Could this damage any electronics in the back of the Model Y?

I used towels to dry and wipe up the puddle of water and open the windows and trunk to dry it out. Anthing else I can do?

Reactions: Times8
If you have access to one, maybe you could plug a dehumidifier in nearby and set it really low.
I bought a small dehumidifier from - Amazon, where else? - I've used it to dry out a couple of cars (i love convertibles but have gotten caught by the rain a coupe of times. It and a circulating fan will dry out a car quickly. If you have leather or similar fabric, use a conditioner.
I have also done it on an ICEV - left it running with A/C on HIGH/RECIRC for a day. Same thing. Now of course with a Tesla, you could do the same.
A small ozone generator and fan left for a few hours will kill a moldy or musty smell. Air the car out before driving, and I wouldn't suggest leaving it on for more than 12 hours, as the ozone might affect the interior plastics, but I haven't any data on this.