TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Water in trunk?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by augkuo, Jan 21, 2012.

1. augkuo

augkuo Member

I notice that I'm getting water into the trunk area, particularly on the left edge. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I just need new seals.

thanks

Augie

2. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Fortunately I do not have this problem and I have driven through some heavy rains.

3. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

I have had it in my 1.5 Roadster. The water does seem to come in on the left/driver's side of the car. I haven't figured out where it is getting in, but it seems to only ocur when I wash the car and even then it is sporadic. Normal rain even hard rain does not cause it to leak.

4. slcasner

slcasner Member

Yes, my car had that problem. Usually when washing the car, rather than from rain. Tesla service fixed it for me under warranty. They don't need to replace the seals, just raise them and/or adjust the deck position.

5. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

That seemd like an easy fix. Do you recall how any of the seals on that side looked like prior to the service?

6. slcasner

slcasner Member

I don't recall a noticeable difference. The seals slip onto the top edge of the bucket that forms the trunk. The way they can raise the seal is to take it off, slide some edging onto the edge of the bucket, then put the seal on back over the edging. Thus, it looks the same before and after. At least that is how I think the process went.

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Try talcum power on the seal before you wash.

8. augkuo

augkuo Member

Tesla service found that water was coming in through the bolts on the bottom of the trunk so they applied a sealant over it - hope that works!

IMG_0618.JPG IMG_0619.JPG