Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water leak drivers side window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Multiple times now after a rare rain in socal, after driving off after a nightly rain, when I open the window, a huge amount of water pours in on the drivers side into the car covering the side armrest!

It’s enough water to seem like it was pooling up. Service tech says there’s nothing that can be done!

can’t be acceptable! Ideas?

I'm not sure I understand what you're describing. Is the water coming in over the top of the glass once it starts rolling down? While it's no longer raining? Or is it coming out of a gap in the door or something?

Have you tried standing outside the car and aiming a hose at the driver door to replicate the problem? That might help you see if there is water pooling somewhere it's not supposed to.

I'm not sure I understand what you're describing. Is the water coming in over the top of the glass once it starts rolling down? While it's no longer raining? Or is it coming out of a gap in the door or something?

Have you tried standing outside the car and aiming a hose at the driver door to replicate the problem? That might help you see if there is water pooling somewhere it's not supposed to.
Yes, it’s coming down from the top of the window on the inside so that it wets the door switches etc.

Happened again yesterday when using the windshield washer - a good amount of water poured inside... weird.