Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water leaking through falcon door (when it is closed)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a new X tonight and noticed soon water was leaking through the falcon door on the driver side. The pillar was wet when my hands touched it, and there was obvious water dripping through. Booked a service center appointment for next week to take a look. Has anybody else seen a similar issue in the past? I worry the water could damage some internals or electronics ...

IMG_0702.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I had the same problem. I had to take my MX in twice for the problem to be resolved. One of the issues was in the driver's door. Open the driver's door and look at the top-right corner: You will see the gasket the runs around the entire door frame but also there is a plastic/rubber piece the covers the corner of the frame that covers the area from the gasket to the door frame opening. On my MX, there was a noticeable gap between the gasket and the flat piece (you could see the painted metal below).

I am not sure how they fixed the misalignment, but I think they removed the gasket (as it is attached using double-sided tape) and reinstalled it to close the gap.

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I had the same problem. I had to take my MX in twice for the problem to be resolved. One of the issues was in the driver's door. Open the driver's door and look at the top-right corner: You will see the gasket the runs around the entire door frame but also there is a plastic/rubber piece the covers the corner of the frame that covers the area from the gasket to the door frame opening. On my MX, there was a noticeable gap between the gasket and the flat piece (you could see the painted metal below).

I am not sure how they fixed the misalignment, but I think they removed the gasket (as it is attached using double-sided tape) and reinstalled it to close the gap.
Can you elaborate on this? Which piece you’re referring to?

Attachments

• IMG_5692.jpeg
    IMG_5692.jpeg
    446.7 KB · Views: 7