Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water pooling under hood after car wash... normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve noticed water pooling under my hood after I washed my car and I checked with my friend who owns a Model 3 and he says doesn’t happen on his car. I tried to schedule a service appointment and been told by Tesla technician that this normal as the only part that is sealed is the actual frunk... is this true?

Also my passenger side rear door was randomly opening by itself while parked in my garage and setting off the alarm. This happened like 2-3 times randomly the first two days after I washed it but has now stopped as I think water had gotten inside the door and affected some sensor but has since dried. I can't get this this to repeat itself so currently waiting to see what the service center will say about this.

Attachments

• Frunk.jpg
    Frunk.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 242
I’ve noticed water pooling under my hood after I washed my car <snip>...and been told by Tesla technician that this normal as the only part that is sealed is the actual frunk... is this true?

Also my passenger side rear door was randomly opening by itself <snip>...two days after I washed it but has now stopped as I think water had gotten inside the door and affected some sensor but has since dried.

Re: the frunk, that does seem to be "normal", I've seen quite a few people report the same here on this board. I've also noticed the same pooling on mine.

Re: the door, I believe I've also seen some people report that the wiring harness going to the rear doors was incorrectly installed (or not completely seated/sealed) and when they washed the car, odd things happen. You may want to check around where the harness enters the door and make sure it's seated/sealed correctly.

Reactions: MY.MSM