Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water pouring out rear passenger door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced water pouring out one of your doors after washing your model 3? It only really seems to come out mostly on my rear passenger door after I’ve washed and dried the car. When I open the doors to clean in between a decent amount of water comes out the bottom. I don’t notice any water leaking inside. I think maybe water is getting in where the windows are next to the center pillar. Not certain of this but wanted to see if anyone else has this issue. It’s possible it happens after a good drive in the rain but I don’t think to look under the door when I’m getting poured on. Anyone?

Same here. Especially noticeable after a wash (passenger rear in my case too) as you quickly open it to detail the door sills. Since my panel gaps are good, I'm not chancing getting anything "fixed". Minor annoyance that I consider a endearing "quirk".

There is a water drain hole on the bottom of all the doors. They aren't sealed from water. Water gets in between the window and the door then drains out the bottom. Happens on nearly all cars. You should also have small holes on your weather stripping to let the water run out.