Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

water spots and clay bar ideas

dano9258

Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
So some sort of water or substance got sprayed on my hood and driver side of the car. I took it through a car wash and that didn't work. I then used chemical guys to remove the wax I had on and then their scratch remover which got a lot of it off but you can still see the rings in the clear coat.

1) Any ideas how to get it off? Clay bar?
2) Any clay bar suggestions? Have never done it

Aug 7, 2020
USA
If a mineral deposit remover doesn’t remove it then something has etched in to the clear. Only way to remove it then is polishing. The clears on these cars are soft AF

Reactions: techlogik

fortunex

Mar 19, 2021
Arizona
First try: 50/50 white vinegar and water

Then try: 50/50 water and isopropyl alcohol

Can you feel it when you rub a finger over it? Then it's etched into the clear coat. Any decent detailer can get this out.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC