Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waterspots on M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During the hottest weekend of Southern California with temperatures hitting 120f, my black m3 was unfortunate enough to get rained on and baked in the sun. Now my hood is left with water spots that I can not remove. Can someone help tell me what I can do?

This is one of the reasons I narrowed my color choices to metallic silver and white. I visited the Tesla store the morning after a rain..the black, dark blue, dark gray (MSM), and red M3s all showed water spots to varying degrees while the metallic silver and white did not.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr
I am having this issue after washing my car with my glass roof. Might try some rubbing alcohol on the glass to see if that clears it up.
As far as your paint, you could also clay bar it (not the easiest thing to do). Once you get them off, I suggest a good polish and wax to protect from it. Make sure you rewax soon enough so you don't have to go through the spot removal process again.

This is one of the reasons I narrowed my color choices to metallic silver and white. I visited the Tesla store the morning after a rain..the black, dark blue, dark gray (MSM), and red M3s all showed water spots to varying degrees while the metallic silver and white did not.
The problem with these colors where I live is bee poop, yes that is right. I have a white car that I now park outside and by three days outside it is absolutely covered with yellow spots all over the place. I looked it up because I was wondering what the hell is dropping yellow stains all over my car.

I am having this issue after washing my car with my glass roof. Might try some rubbing alcohol on the glass to see if that clears it up.
As far as your paint, you could also clay bar it (not the easiest thing to do). Once you get them off, I suggest a good polish and wax to protect from it. Make sure you rewax soon enough so you don't have to go through the spot removal process again.

When washing my car I use a squeegee to get rid of the water on the roof and windows, then go back and wipe with a clean towel.

Reactions: Tron 3
Metallic silver is the way to go if you want your car looking clean. Even after a 400 miles road trip it still looked clean. :D