TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Waterspots on M3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by paulvinh, Jul 11, 2018.

1. paulvinh

paulvinh Member

During the hottest weekend of Southern California with temperatures hitting 120f, my black m3 was unfortunate enough to get rained on and baked in the sun. Now my hood is left with water spots that I can not remove. Can someone help tell me what I can do?

2. outie

outie Active Member

3. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Take it to a detailer, or buy some quality polish and do it yourself.

4. trm2

trm2 Member

Try some white vinegar on a good microfiber cloth. A little rubbing should take care of them.

• Like x 3
  5. KenF

KenF Member

This is one of the reasons I narrowed my color choices to metallic silver and white. I visited the Tesla store the morning after a rain..the black, dark blue, dark gray (MSM), and red M3s all showed water spots to varying degrees while the metallic silver and white did not.

• Informative x 1
  6. 0ptions

0ptions Member

I am having this issue after washing my car with my glass roof. Might try some rubbing alcohol on the glass to see if that clears it up.
    As far as your paint, you could also clay bar it (not the easiest thing to do). Once you get them off, I suggest a good polish and wax to protect from it. Make sure you rewax soon enough so you don't have to go through the spot removal process again.

7. devilmountain

devilmountain Member

The problem with these colors where I live is bee poop, yes that is right. I have a white car that I now park outside and by three days outside it is absolutely covered with yellow spots all over the place. I looked it up because I was wondering what the hell is dropping yellow stains all over my car.

When washing my car I use a squeegee to get rid of the water on the roof and windows, then go back and wipe with a clean towel.

8. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

Second a 50/50 vinegar/water mix a microfiber clothe. But if you want to prevent in future, go get it detailed and then ceramic coated.

9. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Metallic silver is the way to go if you want your car looking clean. Even after a 400 miles road trip it still looked clean. :D