Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watertown MA Service Center - a joke?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went in for several concerns regarding a newly purchased Tesla Model 3. My primary concerns included a defective horn and jittery/non-smooth motion when reversing the car slowly. I received a notification that the repairs were completed and that I could go retrieve the car.

I ultimately burned 2 hours of time commuting to and from the service center, but *none* of the issues I brought up (primary or secondary) were addressed.

Imagine having a non-functional horn in your vehicle and thinking that it's okay or safe. Imagine being servicing a car and thinking it's okay to send it out like that.

Defective Horn Video

This is sad. I was at the Norwell SC yesterday (2nd time in 3 weeks for two different issues).
First time was for a charge port door issue and service bulletins.
Yesterday I had my tires changed (couldn't seem to find a reliable place on the Cape...)

Reactions: play150
I went in for several concerns regarding a newly purchased Tesla Model 3. My primary concerns included a defective horn and jittery/non-smooth motion when reversing the car slowly. I received a notification that the repairs were completed and that I could go retrieve the car.

I ultimately burned 2 hours of time commuting to and from the service center, but *none* of the issues I brought up (primary or secondary) were addressed.

Imagine having a non-functional horn in your vehicle and thinking that it's okay or safe. Imagine being servicing a car and thinking it's okay to send it out like that.

Defective Horn Video
Sounds like par for the course. Consider yourself lucky they didn’t break something else while it was in there.

• Informative
Reactions: play150
Not to say it’s great - but isn’t the horn thing normal? I’ve heard of the sensor not activating properly on other model 3s when the wheel is pressed but mine is 3 years old and behaves the same as yours. Works as expected when the left and right sides where the horn logos are pushed. I agree it seems silly, it makes it very difficult to give a friendly honk.. my car is only willing to give full FU honks :)

Not to say it’s great - but isn’t the horn thing normal? I’ve heard of the sensor not activating properly on other model 3s when the wheel is pressed but mine is 3 years old and behaves the same as yours. Works as expected when the left and right sides where the horn logos are pushed. I agree it seems silly, it makes it very difficult to give a friendly honk.. my car is only willing to give full FU honks :)
I sent them the video yesterday, so hopefully they'll shed light on whether this is "within spec"

In case anyone was wondering, they said that it's normal for the horn to not work when you press its bottom half. I transitioned to pressing on the top half but the horn barely comes on. When there's a situation where I need to honk (e.g someone's coming into my lane) the horn comes on late and only for a split second. I mentioned it this time when I brought it in for something else and they later said that nothing was wrong with the horn.

Also, the service center's hours are 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM. I arrived at 4:50 PM to pick up my car after service (to deal with other defects) and the place was 100% shut down, they must have closed way early because the lights were off and absolutely nobody (staff) was there. I used my phone to get in my car and go, but my key card is still being held hostage by them. Another guy also showed up around the same time as me and he was incredulous because nobody was there and his car was still "mobile access disabled" so he couldn't get in. He had to just leave without the car.

Sorry, to hear about your negative experiences.

I've taken mine to Watertown twice and they were fantastic. One of the service advisors (I forget his name, maybe Jake?) was the guy I worked with both times and he was awesome.

The 2nd time I went there was due to a nail in my tire (the two local tire shops wouldn't plug it, gave me some bs about "Tesla won't let us touch the tires" or "it has foam lining so can't be plugged, need to buy 4 new tires"). So I called Watertown and Jake (name?) answered and told me I could swing by same day. Showed up 30 mins later and he had my tire plugged and did a rotation.

Reactions: kayak1
I just brought my Model 3 to the Watertown service center for the A/C fan not working. They replaced the body control module for about $650 and the A/C failed again today.

The earliest I can get from Watertown is the end of March (20 days away).

I am bringing it to Providence instead and I hope that they can get me a loaner or uber credits.

The 2nd time I went there was due to a nail in my tire (the two local tire shops wouldn't plug it, gave me some bs about "Tesla won't let us touch the tires" or "it has foam lining so can't be plugged, need to buy 4 new tires"). So I called Watertown and Jake (name?) answered and told me I could swing by same day. Showed up 30 mins later and he had my tire plugged and did a rotation.
I have used a local tire location (Hogan Tire) and they have patched my Tesla tires multiple times.

Reactions: Koolio46

Defective Horn Video
guys, find the GM, whom manages the entire location if they do deliveries also and the service manager
if not escalating yet, have a face to face with the service manager talking your list and dissatisfaction
if now escalating, do the same face to face with the service manager
work it

if still hitting a wall, DM me and I know someone higher in the org at Tesla. Should not need this if you work the system
I know both managers at my local Tesla location by name and they dance for me, just kidding but no sat issues at all

guys, find the GM, whom manages the entire location if they do deliveries also and the service manager
if not escalating yet, have a face to face with the service manager talking your list and dissatisfaction
if now escalating, do the same face to face with the service manager
work it

if still hitting a wall, DM me and I know someone higher in the org at Tesla. Should not need this if you work the system
I know both managers at my local Tesla location by name and they dance for me, just kidding but no sat issues at all
Braaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnsssss!

This is a zombie thread. You replied to a post from 2 1/2 years ago.

• Funny
Reactions: kpanda17