Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Watt Time & Watt Key - Wear OS Watch Apps To Control Your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I noticed when connected via Watt Key, if I walk away from my car, the doors will close and lock. This doesn't happen when I use my phone to connect. Is there a way to disable this? I've accidentally closed the door on folks if I wander too far away. Thanks!

Uhh, I'm not dumb but how do you do that.
That's a very good question. I can't figure out how to do it on my Samsung Galaxy Watch 6. I think I've figure out how to clear the cache though:
1. Go into your watch's settings
2. Scroll down to "Apps" and tap on that
3. Tap on "App list"
4. Find "Google Play Store" and tap on it
5. Scroll down to the bottom and tap the "Clear cache" button

Hopefully that fixes the issue.

So I noticed when connected via Watt Key, if I walk away from my car, the doors will close and lock. This doesn't happen when I use my phone to connect. Is there a way to disable this? I've accidentally closed the door on folks if I wander too far away. Thanks!
Ah right! There's currently no way to disable this. Watt Key sends an automatic lock message as you walk away from your Tesla. I'm just fighting with Google over an update to Watt Key at the moment (they're being very picky about the design/look of watch apps). After I sort that out, I'll add an option to Watt Key to disable this function. I'll let you know when I've done it. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: HappyHappy
Have you tried to combine both apps into 1 and have it use bluetooth if it's connected to the car and use internet as a fallback? It's kinda annoying to have 2 apps depending on if you are near the car or not. I'd pay more than 2x7$ for that. I'm actually contemplating writing an app for it...

is your apps nfc compatible with with galaxy watch 6 to add as a key? because it was working fine with my galaxy watch 5 but on the watch 6 the nfc is not being recognized and i am not able to add as a key.
Yep. I've got a Galaxy Watch 6 and it's working well. Can you please double check you've got the latest version of Watt Time? Then go into the Settings menu in Watt Time and press the "Reset NFC key" button. After you see a message saying it successfully regenerated a new key can you try the process of adding the key to your Tesla again? Let me know if that helps.

Yep. I've got a Galaxy Watch 6 and it's working well. Can you please double check you've got the latest version of Watt Time? Then go into the Settings menu in Watt Time and press the "Reset NFC key" button. After you see a message saying it successfully regenerated a new key can you try the process of adding the key to your Tesla again? Let me know if that helps.

That was the issue. i did not reinstall the app after getting a new watch or as you suggested reset the NFC Key. i reisntalled on my phone then when installing on my new watch i saw the message generating new nfc key or something. and then i was able to set the nfc key with my car. Thank you for that.

Reactions: joshendy
Hi all! You may notice an update to Watt Time today which will ask you to login again. This is because Watt Time now uses the official Tesla API and requires you to authorize Watt Time to access your Tesla's data. You'll first need to create a new account on my website and then link that account to your Tesla account.

Please let me know if you have any issues with this process.

Last edited:
Reactions: usrbin
Must we allow all items for Watt Time to function? I only authorized vehicle commands and it's not working. Trying to redo by remove all access via Tesla app and get prompt to reauthorize. When I use your app I see the reauthorize option but it's only on the screen for a fraction of a second. Will email you screen recording.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231215_091012_Watt Time.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215_091012_Watt Time.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Hello @joshendy . I'm interested in purchasing the Watt Key app and just wanted to confirm a few things I was unsure of.
1. You stated that you would add NFC support to Watt Key next update, has this happened yet? Or is this still a planned update? Or have you scrapped the plans.
2. Does Watt Key have this functionality, or do I need Watt Time: to UNLOCK the charge port. Not open/close, but unlatch when a charging cable is locked in.

Regardless, thank you for creating these amazing apps!

Hi there,

Unfortunately Tesla has started to make the move to the end-to-end encrypted commands faster than I had expected and as a result both of my apps (Watt Time and Watt Key) cannot send commands anymore. I will work on getting them both working again but it may take some time. Very sorry.

Hi there,

Unfortunately Tesla has started to make the move to the end-to-end encrypted commands faster than I had expected and as a result both of my apps (Watt Time and Watt Key) cannot send commands anymore. I will work on getting them both working again but it may take some time. Very sorry.
I wonder if this is why my Watt Key was no longer able to be added to my Model Y a few weeks ago?

I wonder if this is why my Watt Key was no longer able to be added to my Model Y a few weeks ago?
Yep! Tesla has been rolling out the new end-to-end encryption to cars faster than they had told us they would. This new encryption is very different and much more complex than the previous implementation. I've been working on getting it into my apps in my spare time but it's going to take a couple months to get it going I think.

Reactions: RobTheGob
Hey Rob,

I managed to get Watt Key going faster than I thought. I've released a new update with the new end-to-end encryption command protocol if you'd like to update Watt Key and readd your vehicle. Watt Key requires your Tesla's VIN now for authentication so I've added a companion phone app to Google Play to make it easier to enter your VIN.

I've just got Watt Time up and going with the new command protocol too so hopefully that'll be available again soon (for anyone wondering).

Thanks!

Hi @joshendy and all, I have recently purchased Watt Ket and still exploring it. One thing I would like to do is customize the tiles. I only have 4 tiles in default view, and I cannot add or change them. In setting, there is grid Tile arrangement which you can specify different commands which I have done. However, there is no way to change the standard rotating view to this grid view or add or change the tiles in standard view. Am I missing something here? In watt Time, apparently you can hold the tiles and change them, but this is not working in Watt Key. Could someone please share their experience on this one. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20240228_130415.jpg
    20240228_130415.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240228_130428.jpg
    20240228_130428.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 6
@joshendy I have watt time. I had a fossil gen 3 wifi. I upgraded to a samsung watch 5 pro wifi. Im unable to login to the app on the new watch. Everytime I try, I get an error message saying failed to refresh token. Im not running vpns on the watch nor my phone. What am I doing wrong.