Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wattage of Tesla's Solar Panels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I was wanting to know what the highest wattage per solar panel does Tesla provide? I saw a youtube video where the person said 325W was the highest the offered. Is this true?

Also, what are SRECS? In my Tesla quote, they offered to buy mine for about $500 but some recommend that I not sell them to Tesla. I am not familiar with what they are or their significance.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I was wanting to know what the highest wattage per solar panel does Tesla provide? I saw a youtube video where the person said 325W was the highest the offered. Is this true?

Also, what are SRECS? In my Tesla quote, they offered to buy mine for about $500 but some recommend that I not sell them to Tesla. I am not familiar with what they are or their significance.

Thanks!

Pretty sure they're Panasonic HITs. They go up to 330w now.

325W panels were the highest they offered at the time when I had my system installed late last year.

SRECS are a clean energy credit that you get for every 1000 kwh of solar energy you generate (not use). You can then sell these credits on a marketplace for whatever the going market value is. It's similar to buying/selling stocks.

In New Jersey, 1 SREC goes between $200 to $250. Is Tesla offering you to buy your SRECs for $500 per credit? If so, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me, unless in your state SRECs are valued higher than $500 per credit.

hi @Wubbles thanks for the info. In their proposal they just reduced the cost of the whole system ($37,758) by the $500. So I am thinking they are wanting to buy the credits for a total of $500. Someone from a local installer who I would have gone with if they were a little closer in price said that if it were him, he would not see the credits to Tesla. I think I will keep them and see how Tesla reacts to it.

hi @Wubbles thanks for the info. In their proposal they just reduced the cost of the whole system ($37,758) by the $500. So I am thinking they are wanting to buy the credits for a total of $500. Someone from a local installer who I would have gone with if they were a little closer in price said that if it were him, he would not see the credits to Tesla. I think I will keep them and see how Tesla reacts to it.

What size system?

325W panels were the highest they offered at the time when I had my system installed late last year.

SRECS are a clean energy credit that you get for every 1000 kwh of solar energy you generate (not use). You can then sell these credits on a marketplace for whatever the going market value is. It's similar to buying/selling stocks.

In New Jersey, 1 SREC goes between $200 to $250. Is Tesla offering you to buy your SRECs for $500 per credit? If so, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me, unless in your state SRECs are valued higher than $500 per credit.

PA SRECs go for significantly less. In the area of 10-20 each.