Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watts Up? Help a brother out..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@HankLloydRight could probably answer that question. I believe he has one and has posted about it in various threads, such as How can I tell if I have the P+ suspension on my P85D?

Jan 2015 definitely has the + suspension.
This is my go-to thread for all things Performance+ suspension related: Performance Plus (+) Upgrade

Congrats! Especially on the Ludicrous upgrade.

And as a few other have mentioned, don't worry about the OBD scanner apps and data... there's plenty of time to get into that AFTER you've owned and driven the car for several months for a year, and then you want to dig deeper. If you start out with all that, you'll easily get overwhelmed and likely disappointed if your battery is 0.05% more degraded than everyone else's. :)

Good luck!

Reactions: Gutch
Jan 2015 definitely has the + suspension.
This is my go-to thread for all things Performance+ suspension related: Performance Plus (+) Upgrade

Congrats! Especially on the Ludicrous upgrade.

And as a few other have mentioned, don't worry about the OBD scanner apps and data... there's plenty of time to get into that AFTER you've owned and driven the car for several months for a year, and then you want to dig deeper. If you start out with all that, you'll easily get overwhelmed and likely disappointed if your battery is 0.05% more degraded than everyone else's. :)

Good luck!
Thank you for the info, yeah im just gonna go easy and check it out. I do need a hitch for my mtb though. I see the Eco hitch is the way to go and you can drop the hitch for stealth. Pretty cool, $409, not cool.!

I have just learned that with the luda upgrade on my 85D that the battery now has been boosted to 90kwh. Can anyone confirm this?
Probably not. If it was done by Tesla, they wouldn’t have replaced the battery and would have only upgraded the pyrofuse and the battery contacts on the existing setup. Some people like @HankLloydRight who have had their cars upgraded to Ludicrous aftermarket have done so with an upgraded 90 kWh battery (from a P90DL car). You won’t really miss the 5 kWh though - it’s nice, but not a game changer.

I have heard of Tesla doing a few (rare) 85kWh->90kWh battery upgrades. It's easy enough to check the battery label when you get the car. But if it were upgraded to a P90DL, you'd most likely see P90D in the instrument cluster and MCU screen.

But it's not like 90kWh of battery was magically unlocked from a P85D with the Ludicrous upgrade.

P.S. Please stop saying "luda". There's no "a" in ludicrous. Thanks. Now get off my lawn!

Thanks guys, great points all around. I believe i have free supercharging. Ive emailed Tesla twice to find the procedure to link the car with me, no answer. I believe i email registration and drivers license to them.
Thanks again for all the info!

When I bought my used Tesla I emailed them and got nothing back after a week of waiting. I decided to call them and then switched in over in their system in less than 5 minutes on the phone

Reactions: Gutch
I have heard of Tesla doing a few (rare) 85kWh->90kWh battery upgrades. It's easy enough to check the battery label when you get the car. But if it were upgraded to a P90DL, you'd most likely see P90D in the instrument cluster and MCU screen.

But it's not like 90kWh of battery was magically unlocked from a P85D with the Ludicrous upgrade.

P.S. Please stop saying "luda". There's no "a" in ludicrous. Thanks. Now get off my lawn!
Haha! Yeah, I just think of Ludicrous the rapper, called Luda. Thanks for the input and advice. Just received car, see below.

Hey fellow electrons,
So got car- really cool. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Good- exceeds my expectations, no doubt. Bad- small trunk ding on trunk lip bend, arr.. UGLY, rear passenger door handle stuck in, motor keeps churning, but no dice. I’ve read common problem. Gear change? My car says it’s charging at 40w. Is this standard?
Last but not least, it’s black, is touch up paint just solely black? No touchy - feely color name?
Thanks fellow juicers!

Way cool!

About the ding, it may be possible for an expert to remove it. Google for "paintless ding repair" + your city and see what pops up. Be sure they have experience with aluminum-body cars.

Paint code can be found inside the driver's door jamb. You can find lots of places that will supply an exact match, along with the clear coat, online.

Motor keeps churning, that may be the fans cooling the battery if you've gone for a ludicrous acceleration run. They will turn off automatically.

Way cool!

About the ding, it may be possible for an expert to remove it. Google for "paintless ding repair" + your city and see what pops up. Be sure they have experience with aluminum-body cars.

Paint code can be found inside the driver's door jamb. You can find lots of places that will supply an exact match, along with the clear coat, online.

Motor keeps churning, that may be the fans cooling the battery if you've gone for a ludicrous acceleration run. They will turn off automatically.
Right on, yeah I ordered a gear today and gonna just touch up the ding and put a carbon spoiler on it. Not really a big deal. I am amazed at the comfort of the seats, and my 11yr old son was dying playing with the whoopy cushion. Have you ever done Ludicrous Warp? I’m curious, not that the car isn’t fast..