Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hcsharp

Jun 7, 2011
Vermont
I'm very excited to report that I will be participating in the WAVE Trophy in Switzerland this year (2017). I'm going to use this thread almost like a blog of the event. The WAVE is an 8-day tour of Switzerland with over 100 EVs.

There are many threads about WAVE on other forums, mostly in Europe, but almost nothing on TMC. That's partly because most people in Switzerland speak German. It's also partly because I'm the only American participating this year, and possibly the first ever.

Before going any farther, I want to thank some people. First is the Tesla rental company "Tesla Sharing" who is providing our team with a Model X. They have several European locations. I also want to thank the organizer of the event who appears to have worked very hard to make it happen. His name is Louis Palmer. There are others and I will mention them as the event goes on.

My team mate is named Dieter. He's from Germany and lucky for me he speaks both German and English! Since the travel logs ("Road Books" as they call them) have to be in German, he will be a big help.

Well, I better get packing. My flight leaves tomorrow from Boston.

WAVE TROPHY join the world's largest EV rally