Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wavy Window Trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my M3 about 2 weeks ago (VIN 22,XXX), and it's been a great car so far. However I've got a wavy piece of window trim on the driver side window, where the A-pillar meets the door hinge, and I see it every time I get in the car. I took it back to the dealer a couple days later and they said all of the cars that were being delivered that day also had the same wavy trim. It is functionally fine, but looks like crap for a $60k car...

I'm wondering if this is a widespread problem, and if anyone has had any luck getting Tesla to replace this piece?

windowtrim (Large).jpg
windowtrim2 (Large).jpg

I received my M3 about 2 weeks ago (VIN 22,XXX), and it's been a great car so far. However I've got a wavy piece of window trim on the driver side window, where the A-pillar meets the door hinge, and I see it every time I get in the car. I took it back to the dealer a couple days later and they said all of the cars that were being delivered that day also had the same wavy trim. It is functionally fine, but looks like crap for a $60k car...

I'm wondering if this is a widespread problem, and if anyone has had any luck getting Tesla to replace this piece?

View attachment 305929 View attachment 305930

Well I don't have a 3 yet but I would agree with you that it is disappointing quality even for a much more inexpensive vehicle.

Tesla needs to get their crap together.

While no, it's not "functionally" an issue, it's an aesthetic issue on an expensive car. But worse, i find these constant issues to be a larger indictment on the type of manufacturer that Tesla is and their commitment to quality.

I would have to agree. I don't see this on cars a fraction of the price, it definitely shouldn't be seen on the 3.