Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waxing Frequency?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NEVER since I ceramic coated mine. It is "waxed" all the time.

IMG_0932.jpeg

Reactions: cdswm3
I use P21S a couple times a year. Gives the car a great luster and shine, and doesn’t do anything permanent / weird to the paint that i would need to worry about. I agree it’s a bit of work each time, but don’t have to do the roof like my last car!!

If I am too busy ( lazy ) to wax with Mothers and use a car wash liquid wax......how long will it last ?

Imho depends where on the car and what chemicals get used for cleaning (and how often).
The worst is imho bugs (so front of the car) and bug remover setc.

Spray sealant usually lasts 4 months, applied sealant 5-6 months, wax maybe 1-2 months. In my experience.

i didnt used to be fan of ceramic coating but my view has changed now and I think a cheapish ceramic coating (which may not look perfect, i.e. only basic paint correction) is the way to go now.
Here is my previous car (Cadillac ELR) after over 2 years after a rain. I did the full meal deal on both cars and it takes the better part of 2 days. But it will net less over all time than waxing every couple of months.

IMG_5921.jpeg

Honestly liquid waxes / waterless washes are not bad at all and I've been using them almost exclusively now.

With green ONR, I've found if you use 2-3x the recommended amount, that stuff shines and beads rain for a surprising long time. For the first 2-4 weeks after it rains the car looks virtually freshly washed if dust or pollen doesn't dry on the paint. I haven't washed my car in two months now and the rain still beads and slides down mostly the same as after a wash.

Reactions: LionXng
With the green ONR+W if you use a spritz of Opti-Seal per panel as you dry, it's even better.

This method is less work than any kind of actual waxing, because the "removal" phase + polishing phase is just the drying, and the lubricating action of the Opti-Seal makes that effortless. And it shines like a motha'. And lasts. I used to be a carnauba waxer, but this even looks better.

Reactions: zhu-