Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Way points are coming!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B6787907-6AAF-426B-B7D5-377287A37BD9.png
:cool:

Reactions: Yev000
Waypoints being what?

Planning multistops on a single trip.

ie I'm going to Manchester and will stay overnight then return home with minimum SoC as I can only charge slowly. But on way to Manchester, I also want to stop at Wrexham in Wales and catch some lunch somewhere.

A whole journey plan can be very different plan than that from planning each leg individually.

About effing time!

I always find that bizarre about Tesla tech. It's bleeding edge, top drawer stuff most of the time but is missing so many basics.

Too true! In this context, the very first copy of AutorRoute that I bought, back around the Windows 3 era in the 1990s, had the ability to route plan using way points. Finding that a car made more than 25 years later doesn't have such a basic feature seems astonishing.

I am not sure why it isn't already - the maps is based on Google Maps right so should be quite straight forward (if developed in the right way)?

Tesla will be paying Google handsomely for the Google maps data even though Google provide it free to phone users. It would likely have been a global license drafted in the US so camera data may not have been included. I think the legal discussions for the camera data would take longer than the very small engineering changes required to pull and display it.