Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Way to force Download again? No Cams or GPS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After latest software update, I lost my cameras and GPS. I have done the soft (2-button) reset, turned the car off, and done the factory reset. GPS now says my car is at the Telsa Factory in Palo Alto, no cams, no GPS. Car still drives. Earliest SC appt is 10 days away.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

You said "turned the car off". Did you do that via the POWER OFF command in the menu AND let it sit "powered off" for at least 15-20 minutes? Most times things like this require the car to sleep to resolve. If rebooting doesnt work, then powering it off and letting it sleep is usually the next thing to try, but you have to let it go fully to sleep.

Powering it off and then turning it back on in just a few minutes isnt long enough for it to sleep.

If you power off from the touchscreen, opening the door will power the car back on, so you either need to reach in an open window to do it, or stay in the car.

The problem where the car thinks it's at the Tesla Factory has been reported by others, and always resolves itself after driving a bit. The factory reset might have caused that. On that topic, factory resets rarely accomplish anything except wiping out all your settings, and the only time you should reset is before giving up ownership of the car.

Reactions: JBailey895
If you power off from the touchscreen, opening the door will power the car back on, so you either need to reach in an open window to do it, or stay in the car.

I open the drivers door, sit in the car with the drivers door open, select power off from the menu, then when it powers off, exit through the still open drivers door and close it.

That works (closing the door does not wake it back up).

Just following up; I did the factory reset, and the "power off" protocols. Neither seemed to work. I have a SC on my way to work, I stopped by and they ended up taking the car in. I believe they forced a download, since my app is showing2021.40.6, which I didn't have before. It looks like they are currently charging my car was well, that is a nice touch. Will Uber to pick it up after lunch. Thanks to all who replied. I'm still not sure what the cause was re the download, but relieved to get it fixed. Cheers.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin