Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Way to turn on only heated seats without climate control from app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought with the previous version of the app I could turn on just the heated seats without the whole climate control coming on. In the latest version, it looks like climate control comes on anytime I try and prewarm the seats. I could be wrong on the previous version functionality, in which case, wondering why there isn't a heated seat only option? They do come on pretty quick, so maybe that's why?

I came to this forum to ask the same question.

Yes, I used that feature all the time in the old version of the app. these shoulder seasons when I don’t need full heat on, just the seats & steering wheel.

Hopefully the option reverts back in the next update or two.

Reactions: agreif
I thought with the previous version of the app I could turn on just the heated seats without the whole climate control coming on. In the latest version, it looks like climate control comes on anytime I try and prewarm the seats. I could be wrong on the previous version functionality, in which case, wondering why there isn't a heated seat only option? They do come on pretty quick, so maybe that's why?
Please please find an answer to this!! The most annoying part is, I like to do things with the fewest number of steps. This now means that I have to do about three extra steps to get my seat heated. I do not always want the climate control on, I just want my seat heated. Also my husband, who will not even drive the car, because he thinks it’s too complicated, will not have the option to put his seat heat on without going through all those steps

Reactions: googlepeakoil
Frankly, I'm having a hard time understanding this system at all, just to look at it means you're turning the entire thing on and it seems nonsensical but maybe I'm missing something? Still in my first week but would love to know the answer to this OPs question.

nope none. but if you switch AC off and set temp to LO you are just drawing in air from outside
I was looking for a way to heat up(maintain warmth) the cabin with only heated seats and steering wheel as recommended in Tesla owner's manual. However, setting temp to LO seems like it would be cooling it at least in winter or cooler months. I will give it a try though and see. Thanks.

I only picked up my MY two weeks ago, just prior to the release of the new UI(I barely got used to it to that UI). Now V11 seems just normal and got used to it fairly quickly. What would be good to see is the possibility of being able to select and add certain features into the individual driver profile setting i.e. driving mode, music preference, etc... ...and why not being able to customize views!