Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waylens Secure 360 Dash Cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently these have been shipping out to those who invested with the Kickstarter. Maybe within a month or so they will start taking orders from the public. I plan to wait for the 4G model, but may start with the WiFi model, then get the 4G later when it is available. After all, we will still need a dash cam for our Model 3 when we get it.

Introducing the Waylens Camera - The World's Best Data Driven Automotive Cam

My Question is this: Are there any Forum members that have gotten one of these yet? If so, please let us know your impression.

Additionally, has anyone else gotten any dash cam that gives 360 degree camera coverage? Let us know what you think.

I really do not want a dash cam that only shows front and back. It is good for driving but no coverage when you are parked. I want 24/7 coverage.

Thanks

Looks interesting to me. As A Turo renter I've suspected that someone other than the renter was driving. Not to mention the trash you get from renters. I'd like to see how one works in the real world though before making a commitment - both video and sound quality may not be sufficient. And could it record more than one direction simultaneously? But I'd be happy to evaluate the prototypes when they come out in exchange for a written review.

Below are 2 pictures from the company.

Clear front while the rear is blocked by a dog:

upload_2018-6-21_11-53-49.png

In the picture below, luckily the view is no longer blocked by the dog but it's blocked by a Christmas tree shaped deodorizer!

upload_2018-6-21_11-55-17.png

Nevertheless, I think it's a good security system when the 4G version comes out and I'll just have to buy an additional conventional dashcam to stick it on the rear window.